Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Scanning scale drawings

Im scanning in A3 size scale architectural plans and adding text to them but when printing they are not to the original scale

The options I have are either to scan in Tiff or PDF format Tiff didnt support color so I converted in to Jpg then edited but somewhere along was resized
    IP

Default Re: Scanning scale drawings

it sounds as if you are scanning to a file and then opening it in PSP, rather than scanning directly into PSP ?

"The options I have are either to scan in Tiff or PDF format Tiff didnt support color so I converted in to Jpg then edited but somewhere along was resized"

sorry not too clear what is going on here - did you convert pdf to jpg? that might have affected the file size, yes

tif does support color and PSP will open tif files - so worth checking the scanner settings for color

is scanning directly into PSP not an option for you?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Maybe your settings on the scanner need adjusting If you want colour tiff make certain its set to colour not grayscale or B&W.

Or are you trying to add colour text to grayscale scans. If so you must first increase the colours the 8 bits per channel also known as 24 bit or 16 million colours.
    One reason that documents come out under scale is that the scanner scans the full page margins included but when printed the printer adds a margin so reducing the image by that amount
    IP

Thanks for the replies

Was that I had the print settings on 'best fit' and just setting to 100% / center page has corrected it.

Some very helpful info on tiff format how do you increase the colors as this would save having to convert them to jpg
    IP

if you are scanning directly to tif file - the settings will be in your scanner setup - check the documentation/manual

have you tried scanning directly into PSP?

in PSP9 that is :

file>import>TWAIN>acquire [you may need to select source, ie your scanner, the first time]

you may get better results
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

To increase colours depends on your version of psp as to where the item is. In 8 to X2 its under image > Increase colour depth > RGB 8 bits In & i think it will be under the colour menu
    IP

Had my print setting on 93%

Thanks for the info though is good to know.
    IP

l
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP