Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Duplicate files on opening

Hi

Used PSP for years. Inherited recently v12 on a 2nd hand Desktop. Seems ok, but comes up with a message about Duplicate files for Patterns, Textures, Gradients and Swatches. Scroll through and it goes untill next start up. Not a real problem but annoying.
    Is this something that can be fixed?
    IP

Default Re: Duplicate files on opening

You don't say which PSP you have used for years. As from PSP ,8 the location of resources is done by Name. But only looking in the file locations you have set. Prior to 8 resources (tubes patterns ETC) was done by the more traditional Path. Now In addition PSP 8 created a folder called "My PSP Folder" in my documents. This is for your download Or resources you created yourself. Then with PSP 9 they realised you don't want a my PSP 8 my PSP 9 my PSP 10 Ect so they changed the name to MY PSP Folder. Now if you have the same named Pattern for example in each of those folder and you have pointed PSP X2 to each in file locations. Then you get the warning, Just the once. You can remove the duplicates or ignore them PSP will only use the first one it finds. Just make sure that if you create a resource of your own and give it the same name as one that already exists you will not be able to use it as PSP will only use the first one. That should not happen as PSP will give a warning. But if its something you have downloaded and saved in the PSP folder fro explore, then it can.

I moved my tubes ect from psp 7 into the my psp folder and of course most of them where also included in PSP 8 and so on. So I got the warning.
    If you get a warning about shapes that you have copied from & it can be mor difficult. If that is the case come back to me on that
    IP