Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Feature Request: Multiple Bitmap Editors

I would like the ability to right click on a bitmap and edit it with my choice of bitmap editors at that moment.

Sometimes, adjusting colors/values is all that's necessariy and XPE does that fine.

Other times, I need to magic wand an area and make it transparent and bring it back in as a png. I can only do this in Photoshop.

I would like either to choose which bitmap editor I'm going to use on the fly, or add the ability to XPE to make a single value/color transparent as this is the most often used purpose I have for Photoshop when I exit out of Xara. If there was a way to have a better selection method in XPE without making it too cumbersome that would be great.

However, if this functionality is too much, then let me choose which bitmap editor I'm going to use without having to go in and change options. Ideally, I'd like a dropdown menu that will enable me to choose XPE or Photoshop or whatever number of bitmap editors I tell Xara that I intend to use.

Thanks,
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Feature Request: Multiple Bitmap Editors

This has been mentioned before. It's not a dropdown, but Suvek made a program that lets you do something similar to this in Xara. See the thread at: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...+bitmap+editor

It may work for you, though the thread suggests that there are issues using it with XPE. On the other hand, I do believe that Xara is phasing out XPE in favour of the new tools built into Xtreme 4, so that may well be moot.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Sheff, XPE is being removed. The bitmap tools incorporated into Xtreme 4 pretty much replace them (aside for a couple exceptions, which is why it was retained in version 4 still)
    Suvek's solution is brilliant and works just as you require. Double-click the bitmap as normal, then you get a list of optional raster editors which you've configured. Simple.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	selecteditor.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	53641  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 14 November 2008 at 05:36 AM.

I posted my issues in the other thread. Thanks for this though.
    Sheff
    My Site