Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Load msg and compression

First, congrats to the developers - keep it up, what a great program!

My problem - I've got a large Xtreme flash file on my homepage. Will Xtreme allow me to show a "Loading" message until the flash loads and how would/could I compress the flash file to help it load faster? Thanks.

Default Re: Load msg and compression

Hi DocRock, yes that takes far to long even on a broadband connection and no wonder it's 1.3 Mb in size! I believe the problem is that your not optimising your images before exporting them to swf.

Import the image/s you wish to use into Xtreme. Resize them to match the movie size Arrange/Create bitmap copy. Delete the original. This ensures your only working with 96 pixel per inch images at the same size as the movie size.

I attach a xar and swf as an example. The resultant file size is tiny (30Kb) compared to yours.

By the way, Ipswich UK is only about 17 miles from me as the crow flies and I don't expect Harwich MA is that much further from you.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!gif.gif 
Views:	340 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	53613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!gif2.gif 
Views:	331 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	53614  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 12 November 2008 at 11:39 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sounds like a plan. Many thanks for your advice. Any ideas on how to do the "loading" image before the flash is fully downloaded and plays?

So far as I've been able to learn, there are only 2 towns in the world named Ipswich unlike many other town names brought to the US from England.

there are only 2 towns in the world named Ipswich
    Make that (at least) three

Default Flash - loading msg while file downloads

How do you post a temporary "Loading" msg on the page while the flash file is downloading? Can it be done in Xtreme Pro?

DocRock I've merged your new thread into your earlier thread as you've asked the same question about a 'Loading Msg'.

DocRock,

I am no expert on using flash in xara, Egg knows much more. But a "standard" loader requires more coding than what I know is provided with Xpro. There are other flash programs out there, that might be able to do the program branching needed for a standard loader.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Thanks John. I gather from your answer that my understanding is correct - this must be done in something like Adobe Flash which has the needed functionallity.

Regretfully you are correct. Xara does not have the ability to create any program decisions. I know macromedia flash (I don't have a copy of adobe flash, but imagine it still retains this ability) has this ability. There are other flash creation programs out there, I have never used them so can not speak on their capabilites/limitations.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Thanks for your help. Looks like I'm stuck with letting the file load. I can compress it by reducing the image resolution in the frames but wanted to also offer the loading msg option.