Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What's new with Flash animation?

What's new with Flash animation?
    Sad to see no 'add sound file' capability; are there any new features or is the Flash animation area just the same as Xtreme 5?

Default Re: What's new with Flash animation?

I've got the idea especially watching the cloning cow segment [ about 8:00 minute segment ]

"Xara Designer Pro 6 New Features Part 1 of 2"
    http://www.youtube.com/user/XaraXhri.../0/gQ-bI5SaR9U

where he makes a cow appear/disappear that Xara could easily add stronger bitmap animation features, for instance tweening of bitmaps and especially with the really strong 3D capabilites animating 3D titles smoothly would make Xara a beast at animating, even if it breaks away from Flash standards.

However, this version doesn't seem to have focused on animation upgrades, however I do think this version is positioning the tools needed for serious Animation work, as mentioned above with the clone tool.

Btw, I really need improvements in animation as I have chosen Xara over After Effects, Combustion, Photoshop Extended, SwishMax, and Flash for all my animation/titling needs.

Regards, James

Nothing new in flash creation I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Nothing new in flash creation I'm afraid.
    confirmed...

Quote Originally Posted by sunhome View Post
    ...where he makes a cow appear/disappear that Xara could easily add stronger bitmap animation features, for instance tweening of bitmaps...
    I'm not sure if you know, but it might help, but the previous Xara 5 did introduce tweening between photo blur and other photo tool attributes such as saturation etc. on bitmaps.

Incidentally, just for interest, I did make that fading cow into a flash animation, but when I was preparing to record, I realised I hadn't done that for the solider, so I had to do it manually with the transparency slider (I couldn't be bothered making a Flash animation for that, haha).