Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

after answering simple enough's posting re curved text I as normal went off along paths that these questions pose. Four hours later I came up with this image of Saturn produced in Xara3D.
    I'm afraid its quite a large image...sorry about that
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saturn_ani2.gif 
Views:	514 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	1867  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

after answering simple enough's posting re curved text I as normal went off along paths that these questions pose. Four hours later I came up with this image of Saturn produced in Xara3D.
    I'm afraid its quite a large image...sorry about that
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Admittedly, I don't usually think of Saturn as orange, but then I wouldn't have thought of using X3D to depict it either. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Good work, Egg.

Actually, I think it's a brilliant pic and not an application I would immediately have thought of for X3D - nice one.

However, if I were to be picky, I would have to be surprised that good ole Saturn revoles so much on its own axis.

But I'm not picky and think you've done a fine job there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

okay your right Big Frank. I could try to excuse it by saying it's a simulation from a very rapidly moving Saturn orbiting satelite, but then that would'nt acount for the fixed star field.

My only real excuse is that the Saturn day = 0.436 (Earth days) and I would'nt expect you to sit and watch any animation for nearly 11 hours.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Egg
    Egg

If I remember my days at school, that is a planet called Bramhall. Way out there in the other galaxy. Looks great, haven't been there in some time but it sure brings back the memories.

As Pogo Possum used to say (where is Walt Kelly when we need him) "It fair do boggle the mind!"

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...