Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    This is my second post.. can someone from Xara Support help me please?
    I am using WebStyle 3.1 in FrontPage2000. When I publish the website the home page shows the Nav Bar properly. But as soon as I click on any Menu btn or Drop Down Menu Item I get a page displaying "the page cannot be displayed". The link is trying to find the html link in the "images" folder. All html files are in the main folder. If I move the html files to the "images" folder I can go to the page link but it does not display the nav bar menu anymore on the new page.

I have also tried moving all images in the main folder with other html files but even that does not work.
    Currently, the html files including index.htm, other linked pages, xaramenu.js and the .css files are in the main folder. The "images" folder has my other garphics, all the xara graphics gif files, 2 for each menu item and the GraphicName.js file as well.

Can someone please tell me how to make it work? I have tried all combinations of moving the files between the main and the images folder but nothing works.
    Thanks in advance.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif I apologize for not being able to give you an straight answer. I use FP2003 and WS4, but they likely interact the same way as your products. 3 very helpful posts. Take your time with them. It is sometimes easier to start over on the right foot rather that trying to fix it. I recommend you start over as you have moved everything around a few times, If you start over create a brand new Xara Project. Please read my 3 posts before you start over, or you won't know what went wrong last time, and you will probably do the same thing again.

You would find many of my posts applicable since we use the same pair of products and you can see everything I posted by click on my name on the left and choose View Recent Posts by FP-User. You can even search my posts for something specific. By hitting refine search and sticking FP-User into the search fields under Author Name.

Also if you notice someone is really good with javascript for example. Click on their name and choose the last option and you can get email anytime they post.

Start with this one it is a review, of the product that I did before I bought the product.

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...86&m=888105875

These addition 2 get into more nitty gritty.

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...8126#748108126

I lost everything for no good reason, here is what I did to fix it. It's easy but risky.

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...4446#150104446

Welcome to the forum it's your best friend as the product can be brutal for new users with little background. Getting started on the right foot will make it much easier to use. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Unhappy Re: Can Xara support help me please..links on menu not working..

Same problem here.

Tried to start a new xara project but same result.

Man, first the xara stuff wouldn't install and I had to manually get it going and now the endless bs and support doesn't help much.

Junk I think, $87 worth of junk

Default Re: Can Xara support help me please..links on menu not working..

You are using Webstyle 3.1 in Frontpage2000? - in 2008?

If not a new thread would be in order I think, and a bit more detail would be helpful...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I still use Frontpage 2000 in 2008 (sadly not with Webstyle - so I can't answer the question) .... If it aint broken why should I pay to update it.

Besides that, if you buy the update, it runs slower on old hardware, and then you buy new hardware, and then you have to buy new software because the old won't run at all in the new OS.

What, you think Micro$oft aren't making enough money yet? .........
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ok ok sorry, point taken I can't argue with that -

but this thread died in 2004 - and the links provided by pcontour appear to no longer work... a new thread would be appropriate ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry Steve, I hadn't noticed the thread date! You're right, a new thread may have been appropriate!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

To obtain assistance from Xara Support please go to http://support.xara.com

There do not seem to be any users of Webstyle that frequent the forums and provide answers from their experience with the program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Can you provide a url where the problem can be viewed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy7 View Post
    Hi,
    This is my second post.. can someone from Xara Support help me please?
    I am using WebStyle 3.1 in FrontPage2000. When I publish the website the home page shows the Nav Bar properly. But as soon as I click on any Menu btn or Drop Down Menu Item I get a page displaying "the page cannot be displayed". The link is trying to find the html link in the "images" folder. All html files are in the main folder. If I move the html files to the "images" folder I can go to the page link but it does not display the nav bar menu anymore on the new page.

I have also tried moving all images in the main folder with other html files but even that does not work.
    Currently, the html files including index.htm, other linked pages, xaramenu.js and the .css files are in the main folder. The "images" folder has my other garphics, all the xara graphics gif files, 2 for each menu item and the GraphicName.js file as well.

Can someone please tell me how to make it work? I have tried all combinations of moving the files between the main and the images folder but nothing works.
    Thanks in advance.