Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Colour Bar Issues

I have been working with a palette of named colours, shades and tints to make a default template. To make the colour bar work properly for me, I had to re-sort it into name order (because of the way I named the colours) and I turned off the standard palette and web browser colours.

Now when I open another drawing, the standard palette seems to be all mixed up, and no matter how I sort it, the colour arrangement seems to be really bizarre.

Is there any way of resetting the standard colours to their default arrangement?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Colour Bar Issues

Yeah, I can verify that.

I have set up templates all that have my palette of colors. I keep a small group of the same colors just above the page. This seems to make the colors appear on the color line in the same order.

I also have unchecked the Delete Unused Colors When Saving and Loading option in the Page Options > View tabbed section.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow! Thank you Gary!
    That is very generous!

- Andy

Hi,

I never had such issue with sorting colors. I made a few yrs ago own template and use it by default.

I added some colors later and also took some from the Gary's templates (pale etc), but didn't sort them yet, so you will see a certain disorder in some places of the color line (still lazy to fix it )

Also I named colors with CMYK values since it is more convenient to me.
    Maybe you will find it useful too 8)

Alex
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Funny, A reboot resorted the colour bar to it's original configuration. Why didn't I think of that.

Maybe restarting Xara would have had the same effect.

Now all I have to do is finish my new template - Wouldn't it be a good idea to be able to copy a named/linked colour group and be able to edit the base colour to create a new group, without renaming all colours?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.