Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: X2 then Ultimate?

Interesting discussion. Thanks guys and special thanks to Trev for a revealing look at the RAW stuff in PSP.

I tried Raw Shooter Essentials, Steve. It will not accept my RAF files or DNG files made from them. The joys of RAW. Same trouble with RawTherapee.

I have found what I think is a rather nice little programme called Stopek's Raw Importer. It does a far better job than the Fuji-dedicated one I tried and will do batch work.

Nick
    IP

Yes Fuji appear to have done some funky things to their RAW container.
    Dcam engineers spend far too much time inside their labs. I'm also pretty disappointed with many pocket cams still using Motion JPEG for their movie format (.MOV) with low bitrate audio which not only is an old and bulky format, can be a headache to edit.

STEPOK seems the way to go for you.
    IP

What else is better about ultimate? I heard that the background eraser is improved?
    IP

Ultimate is x2 plus some extra plugins. Its not an Improved X2 just X2.
    Yes the Background remover Plugin from Image skill Is Nice but weather it is better in your hands or just different would be up to you. Its written by Dimitry who was a Jasc then Corel team member until corel sacked the Developers.
    If you want to try it you can download a trial from
    http://www.imageskill.com/index.html as its not included in the X2 trial
    IP