Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: Foiling the feline

Alright, I stop spreading my opinions on this now. It's a pet pevee of mine (should be obvious by now) to have cats roaming where they may. We now have someone in our paper complaining because there are coyotes in the area and she wants them iradicated because they may eat her feral cats that she feeds.

Maybe we should let the monkeys at the zoo loose since they love to roam too. Or perhaps lions should be let out to roam. All wild animals like to roam. Cats are not wild anymore. I don't own a cat anymore, that should make you cat roamers happy. Just don't let your cat into my yard or I might keep it. After all, it has escaped. fini

Edit: I should let you know that I love you dearly too, K. We can agree to disagree, ok?
    Last edited by Burpee; 08 June 2009 at 09:52 PM.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

ah you mean they have been bred to be stupid by a species even more so? - so that they [the breeders] can have yet another ornamentation for their gratification no doubt

I do not agree that they are not wild - and all your feral cats prove the point

Still, as you say, perhaps this has run its course - sure we can all agree to disagree its fun
    Last edited by handrawn; 08 June 2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    Edit: I should let you know that I love you dearly too, K. We can agree to disagree, ok?
    Of course

I'll be right back. Just popping out to feed the feral hyenas

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

In my neighbourhood we have a couple of feral sheep.

They've been wandering the neighbourhood (eating grass) for the last several weeks eluding capture. I last saw them a couple of weeks ago down by the beach in front of my house. A kid walked over towards them to see how close he could get. The closest he could get was about 75 yards before the sheep took off running. It seems they enjoy their freedom and are in no mood to return to a fenced existence. Can't say I blame them but they probably aren't aware that eventually a coyote will most likely have them for dinner.

(Our Island has no wolves or bears but in recent years coyotes have made it here as part of their expansion into almost every part of North America. To get here they would have had to get across the Northumberland Strait that at its narrowest is 13km. Most of the Strait is more like 16m. It is unlikely they crossed the bridge, took the ferry boat, swam or windsurfed. More likely they walked across the ice as the Strait freezes in the winter).
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 09 June 2009 at 10:04 AM.

Sheep can go a long way [in the grazing sense] - guess that's why they became a metaphor for being lost, but whether the sheep thinks its lost is quite another matter

PS all animals with sense should scatter when an unknown kid approaches unannounced...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    PS all animals with sense should scatter when an unknown kid approaches unannounced...
    Except goats - after all, the kid could be family...

*groan*