Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Foiling the feline

Won't 'Cat Stop' affect your cat too? Just a thought.

PS Not really worried about felinicidal tendencies on here Steve, I realise they were just joking ......
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    Won't 'Cat Stop' affect your cat too? Just a thought.
    Sure, it will - but that only means he will avoid the carport area also.
    We live on a very large block so there's plenty of space, but he's lazy remember. Spends most of his time inside and around me when I'm there.

A = us
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abodes.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	53212  

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Sure, it will - but that only means he will avoid the carport area also.
    We live on a very large block so there's plenty of space, but he's lazy remember. Spends most of his time inside and around me when I'm there.

A = us
    Okay torch their place, when they move their cat will too
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Another alternative. Get a live trap and catch the cat, take him for a long ride far from home and let it go.
    Where I live we have a Government service called animal control, they will pick up stray cats if you catch them.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 27 October 2008 at 01:32 PM.

Sheese, you guys all sound so mean. The solution is much, much easier than you put on.

"I have a bike, but I think picking up and delivery of computer equipment would be a little tricky"

Steve says right here he uses the car for business purposes. What do business people do to their cars? Why, they paint them and have them lettered to make them much more noticable.

Solution: paint cat tracks all over the car. On the sides, paint dog paws......big, little, inbetween. Scratch the sides of the car with a key like the dogs do. Oh, as an after thought don't forget to splatter the car with white, grey, green and black paint to imitate bird poop.

Part 2........re letter the car. Call yourself the green computer guy or the animal loving computer guy........bet you business will start increasing by leaps and bounds

Part 3.....cross your fingers that you don't get a new neighbour that has horses. The only way to imitate a horse sitting on your car is with a sledger hammer!!!!!!

You guys have just got to learn to drifting with the current instead of burning yourself out trying to swim up river......course this advice only applies to you people, in my case we have a big dog to protect our car! ..............frank

Steve.. your aerial photo with the highlights reminds me of the video used to record air-strikes for the military... I was just having a bit of a chuckle looking at it and picturing the whole scene in my head.....

note: (shshshshs) = the static noise between transmissions

(shshs) this is charlie two niner, we have target in sight (shshs)
    (shsh) affirmative charlie two niner.. operation bad kitty is a go (shshs)
    (shsh) charlie two niner confirming target destroyed (shsh)

The sound device looks like a good investment. I hope it works out for ya. The catnip idea was a serious one... but where they are across the street does not work.
    I've used bb's and a very low fps gun to scare dogs from my property. It does not penetrate just smarts like heck. My problem is having two young children and neighbors who refuse to obey the leash-law here and let pit-bulls, boxers, and rottweilers roam free
    I know it's not the dog's fault but have warned owners, the day a dog comes at my children our own yard, is the day the real hardware comes out The animal control has been called several times but two of these owners on on the board of selectmen

my car is a lmon, so I dont have that problem. I had three cats, and I always told my neighbors to use the garden hose if my cats got pesty

Sledger, am I the only one that expected to see a tutorial on how to make a photo of a cat look metalic and crinkly?

Well the CATStop device appears to be quite inaffective

After fitting a brand new ENERGIZER Max then mounting the thing as per instructions, I subjected my own cat to some simple tests by introducing him to the *protected area*.
    The sensor activates and for the three second burst of ultrasonic shrieking that the device is supposed emit (and cause serious discomfort), he just stops, looks in the direction of the device then ignores it.
    Repeated tests now show him ignoring it totally. ffs!!!!!

I assume that the ultrasonic burst of excruciating noise is actually produced. It's outside the hearing range of humans after all, so I can't really tell.
    But I do hear a click when it comes on and then again when it goes off. I'm hoping that it isn't only this click the cat hears.

AUD$99 worth of flim-flam!!!

I have given the manufacturer the benefit of my thoughts and will now seek a refund from the retailer based on the unit breaching the trade practices act (TPA) of "Not being of merchantable quality" and "does not match any description"

maybe your cat has a hearing problem in the ultrasonic range, not actually uncommon, especially amongst cats that have been bred/cross-bred extensively by man

there again maybe he has heard all about halloween....

if your unit does not have a test mode - there are sound meters you can use, but I reckon they might cost more than unit itself....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...