Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Resizing a selection?

Sorry David. Didn't pick up on the deform tool being resize ......
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by NineToTheSky View Post
    (2nd question)

Is it possible, after making a selection, to edit that selection? I know I can add or subtract to and from the selection, but can I in some way resize it?
    Yes edit being the key word. From the selections menu chose Edit Selections or you will find the icon at the top of the layers pallet. This is a Toggle it creates a ruby overlay to the current selection You can use the Pick/deform tool to rescale or even deform in fact any tool that will work on a grayscale image can be used just like painting on a mask white removes and black adds Gray's make partial selection just like feathering, only her you can feather just one side. When done just toggle the edit selection off, and your back to the marching ants.
    IP

Trev: many thanks - you're a real star. I thought there had to be a way.
    IP

Good Thought that might be what you where looking for.Dont miss out on Selections > modify > expand. But whatch out for corners geting rounded.
    IP

Yes but don't forget that the 'picker' tool will also allow you to drag and resize (and rotate/skew, apply effects and plugins and so on) a selection without having to go to Edit Selections in the layer palette.

(as I mentioned in post#10)
    IP

But it won't let you change the area to be selected; only to adjust what has been selected.
    IP

Sorry your topic name "Resizing a selection?" didn't come across as wanting to increase the selected area size to me.
    IP

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT NICE EXPLANATION!!!!! it's exactly what I was looking for! had been doing the copying the selection to another file, resize the entire thing and copying back... had to be another way! Thanks!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes but don't forget that the 'picker' tool will also allow you to drag and resize (and rotate/skew, apply effects and plugins and so on) a selection without having to go to Edit Selections in the layer palette.

(as I mentioned in post#10)
    No it will not. only if you go into edit selection then you can modify a select in any way you feel like providing you use tools or filter that can work on grayscale images
    IP