Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Corel X3 Fonts limited!

Hi!

I have corel x3 and when i go to do some work on corel x3 I am only able to view a limited no. of fonts from the drop doen menu. I know corel x3 has more fonts selection.Any idea why this is happening?

Also where can i download corel x3 fonts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by castlegard; 18 October 2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: edit
    IP

Default Re: Corel X3 Fonts limited!

Welcome to TG castlegard.

Fonts are only limited to those already installed on your system

To open the Windows font folder and see which fonts are currently installed, click the windows Start button then select Run. In the run box type fonts and press enter.

There's many websites to be found offering free fonts.
    You can download as many as you need and install them to the Windows font folder.

Here's one popular site offering 11,924 free fonts!

Usually they are delivered in a .zip format, so unzip them and drop them into the Windows font folder. Windows will automatically install the font. Next time you open CorelDRAW they will be available in the font list.
    IP

Hi castlegard,

You can also check the way your fonts are handled in corel, create/open a blank page in corel, then follow steps below -

Tools menu>options>"expand text">fonts, set the configuration of your choice for fonts there.

Cheers - George
    IP

You should have Bitstream Font Navigator on your install CD. That is an excellent program and has saved me a lot of time and system resources. I suggest you install that, read up on how to use it and use it. This program is no longer available as a 'stand alone' but Corel included it with CD at least up to X3. I don't have X4 so I don't know about that. I surely hope that have not eliminated it.
    IP