Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: xaralx and slackware not working properly?

Rick I think that error is due to a newer version of the GTK+ and it does not recognise a subroutine call being made by XaraLX.

It is possible the routine is named differently in the new version or that it requires different types of parameters to be passed than the older version LX is calling.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Have you gone through and checked that all deps for Xaralx are there in your new install?

check for WxWidgets lib
    and the WxXtra lib
    IP

i think your right!what ill do is uninstall the newer version of gtk and install an older version,ill have to find the page i found and didnt bookmark on installing xaralx.
    ill have to probably redo the dependencies-prereqisits.i think ill look it up and just try gtk first.thanks for the info!!!
    Rick
    IP

gtk+ 2.6.x
    IP

Of course, if a newer gtk+ version is being used, you could either change the version to call within the spec file and repackage it or ask one of slacks devs to look into it
    IP

Hi,
    running slackware-current here...had to remove openoffice to get xaralx to run. I installed using the instructions I posted on this forum some months ago.
    IP

Wow, that's odd... So what is it about the latest OOo that effects XaraLX? Not a huge surprise as I recall when I was trying to upgrade to the prior to last release of InkScape, a warning came up that ImageMagik would be removed...
    So, I imagine the problem with the newer OOo is maybe to do with the graphics areas?

It gets difficult sometimes, when some apps are upgraded by it's devs, and others are not, and they begin to create conflict in the middle like this

BTW, thanks for the heads up Con
    IP

When starting Xaralx I got this error msg telling me OpenOffice-impress.desktop couldnt be found and then Xaralx segfaulted. I downloaded the OOo package from linuxpackages.net, I think it was a bad package since I dont see any reason why OOo would affect Xaralx.

Also Xaralx, .tar.bz2 package atleast, is statically linked (libs are compiled into binary) so it shouldnt have any dependecies.
    IP

Talking Re: xaralx and slackware not working properly?

thanks for the help!i found out my slack system was corrupted,so i did a reinstall.
    xaralx now works fine!!
    Rick
    IP

Corrupted? How does that happen? Been using linux for 6+ yrs and well...I've only seen corrupted Windows installs in that time.
    IP