Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Missing font.

To my horror one of my Xara projects is missing a TT font called Garrison Cond. Sans-Bold. It's not on the Xara CD, I can't find it on any of the previous 4 versions of CorelDraw, nor is it on the Ventura or Wordperfect ROMs.

I searched the net endlessly, any clues?

Thanks.
    IP

To my horror one of my Xara projects is missing a TT font called Garrison Cond. Sans-Bold. It's not on the Xara CD, I can't find it on any of the previous 4 versions of CorelDraw, nor is it on the Ventura or Wordperfect ROMs.

I searched the net endlessly, any clues?

Thanks.
    IP

Franklyn

Try asking Daniel Will Harris, creator of Esperfonto, and the world's preeminant authority on type and see if he has a clue.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    IP

Franklyn

I have the Garrison font family which, after much searching, I realise I picked up when I installed a trial version of Micrografx Graphics Suite 2, no longer on my system. The copyright seems to belong to the Digital Typeface Corp., but since they were not removed when I uninstalled Graphics Suite and it's possible to install them independently and without time limit, they may be freeware.

I'm willing to help and open to suggestions.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean
    IP

Thanks Gary, but before I bother the kind folks at Will Harris I decided to redouble my efforts.

Yes, Sean, I did have Micrografx installed at one time. Thanks for pointing that out!

This is interesting, during my search I came across a strange Swedish page that has dozens of TT fonts for download. That all look like freeware, but I don't speak Swedish so I really have no idea.

I have no idea what the state of DTC is, I'll do some more searching and see if I can find any info. Now that I know Garrison was bundled with Micrografx I just dig out that disk.

Thanks All, Franklyn

IP