Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem selecting inside a blend

I'm using Xtreme V4. Why can't I select an object inside a blend using <CTL> + 'click'? The Help manual says this is the correct way. I have tried using objects at each end of the blend (e.g., hexagon and a star) as well as converting them to shapes before doing the blend, but no luck. I have tried using the selector tool and then the blend tool before using <CTL>+'click'. Still no go. Am I doing something wrong?

Default Re: Problem selecting inside a blend

<CTL> + 'click' on either the beginning or end of a blend will select the original objects you used to make the blend. You cannot select a single section in the middle of a blend.

Mickie

Hold CTRL down and 'click' works fine for me!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

HI welcome

why do you want to select an item in the middle of the blend - there may be a work around... eg: convert the blend to editable shapes and then ungroup - you can then select any shape - you can no longer edit them as a blend though
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

When I was using V3.2.2, I seem to remember that <CTL>+click worked to 'select inside' a blend. Again, if I remember right, I changed the size of an inside object and its color and was able to manipulate the blend that way. I just now loaded V3.2.2 and found out I can't do the selection there either. Maybe Mickie is right, but SS- says it worked for him. It would be nice to find a definite selection. Can you provide more details SS-? Were you using the selector tool? ...are the end objects shapes? etc.

Keith - I can't get it to work, so I would be interested too, as far as I know this has never been the case... - just tried it in xtreme 2, no joy

try applying the blend to a line - that may solve the problem...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, Must convert a blend to editable shapes before individual instances of the blend (other than the ends) can be moved with control click.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blend moving.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	52754  

right - thought so

just tried apply to a line - but only lets you manipulate relative position ....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well perhaps my brief statement should have been clearer in what I was answering - I agree with Mickie's original statement. You CANNOT select inside a blend. There, is that clearer. However, the original post stated
    I have tried using objects at each end of the blend (e.g., hexagon and a star) ............. but no luck
    that is the portion I was fixated on when I originally answered.

The only thing that I could suggest is, that if you have a particular requirement for an intermediate shape that you do a 3 part blend A - B - C. That way the B shape can be selected/manupulated independently and still keep the features of the blend.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

good suggestion Keith - as we don't actually know what Sal Santos actually wanted to do this for - difficult to say more
    Nothing lasts forever...