Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Translate Xara LX

@geminiguy:
    Beside the fact you've recognized by yourself, that there will be no more work on the Open Source project, the more important problem is, that there are not only ~6000 words to translate, but ~6000 sentences. To translate this costs a lot of time. Sometimes you have to think twice or more, how to translate such a string into your language, so that it sounds ok in the context of the software (in a Menu, a dialog box, a tooltip, the statusline, ...).

@Helen:
    If you're willing to invest 2-3 hours a day in this work, you should be finished 30 days later. I know, that Xara uses companies for this work and have to pay for this. Why not try to ask Xara Ltd., if they need a russian translation and offer them your work for money. You are from russia and I don't know the working/living costs for russia, so (maybe) 3,000,- EUR could be appropriate for this work.

Regards,
    Remi
    Last edited by remi; 11 October 2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo
    IP

@Remi:
    Thanks for the offer, but to work for money, my English is not well.

The positive side of the OpenSource Project is that other members can improve the basic translation, and that I can improve my own translation for a long time.

WBR,
    Helen.
    IP

Hi Helen,

it wasn't an offer from my side - it was only a suggestion for you.

I don't work for Xara Ltd.. We all are just users from Xara's software products.

Remi
    IP