Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Translate Xara LX

Good Day!

I want translate Xara LX for Russian language.
    I downloaded po-file http://xaralx.org/downloads/XaraLX.po

Will the new builds XaraLX?

Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Translate Xara LX

Helen, I think it's only fair to say to you: Please don't invest your time in this. Xara LX as project is dead - since months. You will see no further builds.

Remi
    IP

I'm pretty sure they (Xara) said they would keep it running. And don't say it's a dead project...that hurts.

Happy hunting Helen!
    IP

Big problem, source is not available anymore....needed this a few weeks back it wasnt downloadable then and it isnt now either...:S
    IP

I'm pretty sure they (Xara) said, that they're open for new contributors (developers). But there are no developers since months and also no work on the code since months.

Could be, that it hurts, but the project is de facto dead.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 07 October 2008 at 11:08 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by con View Post
    Big problem, source is not available anymore...
    Oh... I haven't noticed that
    Only old 0.3 version seems to be there http://downloads.xara.com/opensource....3r693.tar.bz2 but i have 0.7r1785 source code on my HDD so all is not lost I should be able to upload it in couple of days if youre interested (no server access right now)
    IP

ATM I dont need the source since I got my troubles with xaralx sorted out. But thanks anyway Suvek

but the project is de facto dead
    The way I see it is, there are still users and ppl who want to contribute (like Helen) so it cant be dead. When there are no more users then fine its dead but this is not that time. Debian packagers rebuild Xara, so theres still some devs working on it.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by con View Post
    Debian packagers rebuild Xara, so theres still some devs working on it.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. The only thing, the Debian maintainers has done, was to link the code against new libraries. That has nothing to do with development. They don't fix bugs and also don't add a new feature to XaraLX.

If you look at the SVN, you can check by yourself, when the last significant change was checked in by a developer.

It would not be fair, to recommend to Helen, that she should start the translation in such a situation - especially if you consider the hundreds of strings to be translated.

Remi
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    if you consider the hundreds of strings to be translated.
    Yes, there are 6000 words. I have translated 250 words already when decided create this Thread.

I used Xara more 6 years and I'm using it now on Linux. It's my favorite editor but I see, the work on translate yet useless.

Remi, con, Suvek, thanks for your answers.
    IP

Either way, the translations will be useful for members of the Linux community, so don't give up
    You could offer them up at various Linux sights and I am sure they will be glad to help promote it.
    IP