Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PSP X2 won't restart

A couple of months ago PSP wouldn't restart. By that I mean it goes fine but once I have closed it then it won't restart until I reboot. Then it goes the one time then nothing. Clicking on the icon or trying to 'open' does nothing, the computer just stares back at me. I'm running XP SP3 with heaps of RAM, HDD etc. I've turned Nortons 360 off and that doesn't affect anything.

Anyone had this problem or has any suggestions. Maybe I should go back to PSP7!

Forgot to add that I've been back and forth with Corel tech support with no success. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, run cleanup tools etc until I am as blue in the the face as a windows screen
    Last edited by oldecurb; 07 October 2008 at 01:11 AM.
    IP

Default Re: PSP X2 won't restart

Welcome to TG..

Do you see any error messages when you try to relaunch the software?
    IP

Please contact me offline regarding concerns with Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. I oversee PR for Corel's Digital Media Group and would be able to assist.

Regards,
    Amie Hoffner
    Sr. PR Manager, Digital Media
    Corel Corporation
    amie.hoffner@corel.com
    IP

Simple realy Psp has not closed down correctly and If you check the process tab in Tak manager or if Vista Its equivalent You will find it still listed. So highlight it and Right click to end the process.
    IP

Thanks Trev the problem was just as you said. All I have to find out now is how to get PSP to close properly!! At least I can now reenter without rebooting
    IP