Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Once again I've stumbled onto something that many of you may have been using for years, but I'm offering it because a) it's undocumented, and 2) it's kind of quiet at i-us.

If you lean heavily on Corel's layout and pagination capabilities (as I do), you may have wished that you could get the registration marks to image on the center of each side (as in PageMaker), instead of in the corners. Well, you can.

At the Prepress tab of the Print dialog box are five options for registration marks. What Corel doesn't tell you is that one of them prints on center while the other four versions print in the corners. The one that prints on center is the one in the lower left with only one mark shown instead of two.

I don't know whether this feature is new to version 9; it just never occured to me to try it before.
    IP

Once again I've stumbled onto something that many of you may have been using for years, but I'm offering it because a) it's undocumented, and 2) it's kind of quiet at i-us.

If you lean heavily on Corel's layout and pagination capabilities (as I do), you may have wished that you could get the registration marks to image on the center of each side (as in PageMaker), instead of in the corners. Well, you can.

At the Prepress tab of the Print dialog box are five options for registration marks. What Corel doesn't tell you is that one of them prints on center while the other four versions print in the corners. The one that prints on center is the one in the lower left with only one mark shown instead of two.

I don't know whether this feature is new to version 9; it just never occured to me to try it before.
    IP

When we were in San Diego, Tony Severenuk Product Development manager for DRAW did some session where he demonstrated his favorite tips and tricks. It was amazing how many things the program will do that you never run across. Every time I teach I find things I had forgotten or didn't realize it could be done that way.
    Pat Gibson
    PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    IP