Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Huge o/p files when converting to pdf

If your client is receiving the PDF as a Proof document and opens it in Acrobat Reader, there should be no problem if "any" fonts are embedded. If however they choose to use a different Program to open the PDF, yes, there will be a hassle, if they don't have the fonts installed.

Why not lock the document to stop them from using any other Program to avoid any font substitution problems? (Just activate the permissions password).

Just a thought,

Cheers - George
    IP

Sounds like a good idea but will that cause any problems with printing? They have to be able to print. One of the clients I have uses In Design to open and print documents to a printer that produces plates.

Thanks so much for the help.
    IP

Well, there we have it then I think.

Use the PDF Docs with the fonts embedded for proofing purposes, which can be opened in Acrobat with no problems - hopefully, and send on the approved copy with the curved vector files for printing if you do not want to include the fonts for them to install. I don't like handing my fonts out either, so converting them to curves/vectors is the next best option, but at the expense of a rather larger file. I believe not all fonts can be embedded, but have not run into that problem yet.

Take care and happy printing.
    IP