Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Invisi-globe II

Default Invisi-globe II

Another attempt at creating a semi-transparent animated globe. Still need some improvement on back perspective. I think I'll have to create a custom mold for this.
    ron
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Invisi-globe II

Awesome!
    Chuck

I like the effect, how did you create it?

That's both excellent and intriguing Ron. Please tell us how you created it. 5*'s
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    That's both excellent and intriguing Ron. Please tell us how you created it. 5*'s
    Thanks guys,
    There's alot of steps. I used installed clipart to create my own map as I discovered well into the process that the regular clipart won't work if you're going to recolor or edit it. For some reason the nudge doesn't work properly.
    With my created map, I put a square behind the map and made the square transparent; give the square a visible red line for now. I duplicated the created map twice (this is all on one frame for the moment) and spaced out the maps, with one over the square and the other two lined up off to the left. Grouping the maps I then duplicated them and the transparent square and horizontally flipped the duplicates making sure that before flipping the center was kept in the exact same place as the original maps and square. (Using grids is very helpful to mark your center point).
    The duplicates get sent to the back. Color the duplicate map only and darker version of the linked color. (Make sure you don't color the transparent square)
    Select first the original map and square and apply clipview. Select the duplicates and add a clipview to them. Highlight both objects and select No Line color to get rid of the red lines around the squares.
    Now you duplicate this first frame. On the second frame, hold down the control key and select the original map, so you're not selecting the transparent square. Once you've selected the original map only, nudge it to the right.
    Do the same thing with the back map, but nudge it to the left.
    Copy the second frame and repeat process of nudging until you've gone full circle.
    Depending on the size globe you want, you'll have to figure out the nudge distance. I'm sorry I don't remember the exact settings I used.
    Anyway, after you've gone full circle with the globe, go back to each and every frame and apply a circular mold to both the front clipviewed map and then the back clipviewed map.
    Here's where I think I could have done better. I'm going to try and create my own custom mold to affect the back map in just the opposite way as the front map. I'm not sure but I think if the back map is smaller in the middle but larger at the ends, it will look like its going away from the observer; which makes more sense to me, I think.
    ron
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 07 February 2007 at 01:29 AM.

Nice one Ron, that's a lot of work for a spinning globe.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Yeah,
    Not sure it's worth it. But I wanted to see if I could do it.
    ron

Wow, that's excellent. Quite the upgrade from the original, Invisiglobe.
    •Bob

Thumbs up Re: Invisi-globe II

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    Another attempt at creating a semi-transparent animated globe. Still need some improvement on back perspective. I think I'll have to create a custom mold for this.
    ron
    Very Nice Ron - Thanks for Sharing! - Tom
    Last edited by Hwy101; 11 February 2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Wanted to Get "eMail Notification" - Can't -Wish Default
    Tom - Hwy101

This is an excellent display of your abilities and that of the software, ever thought of doing an "Egg" and posting a video tutorial?

Cheers and thanks for your efforts.
    Andy