Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Scanned document in PDF

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you can't read the text - do you have the paper document that was scanned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post

With the original document and a very well equiped physics and optics laboratory you might be able to isolate the text if it was written in ink and not printed using a laser printer.
    you can also use partially destructive methods on the original document [eg solvents] to try to bring out the original text to visibility if it is that important.... sometimes indentation of the paper can be used - but this sort of thing is sample dependent and is a forensic speciality
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quite so, provided the original document was available.
    Being as the OP's opening comment was "I have a scanned document in PDF format.", suggests the only copy available (to them) was the scanned one.

Hopefully, the poster had a legitimate reason for wanting to reveal the blacked out textual content. TG might get in all sorts of trouble if collectively a private document was revealed through members efforts.
    IP

does it - perhaps DIC was just looking for a quick CG fix

you can isolate the individual RGB values and illiminate the ones you don't want - may even be scripts or programs to do this, but you would still need to fill in the gaps, assuming you were left with an understandable unambiguous pattern - it would not be easy - its not the way to go

anyone who thinks that covering text with a marker pen is secure is no chemist or physicist - its amazing sometimes what you can see simply by turning the paper round and holding it up to the right sort of light...... this is not a secret....
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yes, I'm certain of it.
    IP

then you know something I don't - enough said
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hopefully, the poster had a legitimate reason for wanting to reveal the blacked out textual content. TG might get in all sorts of trouble if collectively a private document was revealed through members efforts.
    Oh, God. No, there wasn't an ulterior motive or any trouble-inducing purpose. That was just for personal learning purposes.
    IP

OK, since people say it's pretty much not possible to erase the marker crossing-out, let's say I know the text underneath. How do I recreate it over the crossed-out parts? In the same format as the image.
    IP

Do you know what all the text says Destiny?
    IP

Yes, I do.
    IP

I'm missing something here ....... If you know what the text is, why can't you just type it out again. What are you trying to achieve with the final version?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP