Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Birthday Invitations

I've been asked by a friend if I could make some birthday invitations for his wifes 40th birthday.
    I want to make them a wee bit special so I'm looking for idea's and any tip's you can give me to make them stand out so that the people who receive them go WOW.

Thanks

p.s. - I have Photoshop Elements 5.0
    IP

Default Re: Birthday Invitations

A very hard question to answer but points to watch out for is using more than two font types on a card is bad design do not go complicated unless you can pull it off, remember at times less is often more.
    I would look for an image of a place or thing that means a lot to this couple use that image say in sepia then add some nice text . good luck
    IP

heavy on the meaning, and light on the touch, - yes I'd agree.
    Something they can really relate to.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thanks guys.
    IP

Last month for my daughter's birthday party, I wanted something unique in nature to send out as invites to the guests. In my search for the unique, I found a website ([link removed]) where the invites were very appealing and quite different from invitations on other websites. I suggest you take a look at the website. I'm sure, you'll really love them.
    Last edited by remi; 02 October 2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: link removed
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by carenjacob View Post
    Last month for my daughter's birthday party, I wanted something unique in nature to send out as invites to the guests. In my search for the unique, I found a website ([link removed]) where the invites were very appealing and quite different from invitations on other websites. I suggest you take a look at the website. I'm sure, you'll really love them.
    Thanks for the info but as your post is 11 months from my original request I guess I'll be looking for invitations for a 41 year old
    Last edited by remi; 02 October 2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: link removed
    IP

Also a reasonable resource is HP.com site they do all types or cards invitations might give you some ideas. As said before the correct selection of photo and font is so important.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

carenjacob has posted the same message in other forums.
    I've removed the link.

Remi
    IP