Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: SVG effects for Inkscape as a companion for Xara

Quote Originally Posted by DGehman View Post
    Scotland, Bosch and your new fractals - do you think these will be going into Inkscape builds as well?
    They are already because I put them now directly on the source server. I was asked to reorganize and complete the filters set by Inkscape developpers. Thus every new build incorporate them automatically. You will find "Scotland" and Bosch ("Garden of Delights") in the Overlays submenu of the Filters menu and the 3D effects "3D wood", "3D marble" and "Mother of pearls" are in the Materials submenu.

Endlessly interesting.
    ...even a little bit addictive !

Curiosity questions: is there a way to apply the Figurative Fractals with any choice of kernel images -- assuming the man with the beard and the primroses are not accidentals?
    They will remain accidental because they were driven by the filter setting applying to the shapes outlines.

Is there a way to dial down the apparently random excursions beyond the outline of the alphabet (in other words, retain the rounded, beveled look and the colorful fill, but make it a bit more regular in outline)?

How these are done is completely beyond me -- I make nothing of Inkscape's Filter builder interface -- so any enlightenment would be welcome.

Dave
    The excursions beyond the outline can be disabled by only one action (however I discovered them also accidentally this week end and you understand that was a fantastic discovering). I will document it while I will document every filter.

kindly,
    ivan

I'm with Remi on this - great work! Your work with Xtreme techniques (and especially the brushes), and now with Inkscape's often impenetrable inner workings is simply outstanding.

(Sent you a PM).
    Last edited by DGehman; 18 February 2009 at 12:00 PM.

Some new natural media textures.

They will be included sure in the next Inkscape win32 snapshot.

enjoy,
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newinks.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	57544  

Default Draw a silhouette, Inkscape shades it !

I was extremely surprised this to discover this comics shading technique this afternoon ! And of course I added it promptly to Inkscape core filters. This way you will be able to test it in next days in your win32 snapshot.

Only draw the silhouette like on top right and it will be shaded in one click.

The most beautiful is that the filters to reach these effects are extremely simple and light.

Enjoy !!!

ivan

Name:	shadedcomics.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	57582  
    Last edited by ivan louette; 15 March 2009 at 10:53 PM.

Another example of the "Comics" filters applied on simple geometric shapes (which of course remains editable).

ivan

Name:	samplecmcs.png 
Views:	325 
Size:	273.5 KB 
ID:	57614  

Default SVG from Inkscape into XaraXtreme 2

Hi folks,

Just subscribed to the forum today, seems like awfully interesting!!
    I'm fairly new to all these graphical posibilities, so please bear with me... :-)

Question:
    How can I exchange files between Inkscape and XaraXtreme2? (working on WinXP, but have Linux at my disposal if required)

I would love to import or open svg files into Xara - only it does not seem to work...

Is there some howto on this subject?

Looking forward to read you!
    Thanks for helping out,

Erwin

Hi Erwin, Welcome on Xara forums !

I don't remember if Xtreme 2 had an svg export filter. That's the best way to export vector objects from Xtreme to Inkscape.

Xtreme Pro 4 imports also pure vector svg an thus you can use some Inkscape vector tools to complete your Xara work in Inkscape and export it back to Xara.

However if you use svg Filter Effects in Inkscape you cannot export them as pure vectors. I think the best for Xtreme 2 is exporting the result to png bitmap (Inkscape does it nicely with perfect transparencies) and import it to Xtreme 2.

Another way but useable only with Xtreme Pro 4 is exporting from Inkscape as pdf and opening or importing the pdf in XXP4.

And about XP you have the opportunity to install Inkscape win 32 Snapshots. You will find them here : http://inkscape.modevia.com/win32/ and the last release is this one : http://inkscape.modevia.com/win32/In...-0903231526.7z Only unzip the file (with 7zip) in any directory on your PC and run the EXE. There is no installer. All the filters are provided with it under the Filters menu and organized in submenus. And if you want learn how to modify their settings after applying them, open Filters/Filters Editor, select a Filters "Primitive" (Blur, Composite,...) on the right and try playing with the numerical entries or changing settings below the panel.

I hope my reply is complete enough, otherwise don't hesitate.

ivan
    Last edited by ivan louette; 24 March 2009 at 06:24 PM.

Thumbs up Re: SVG effects for Inkscape as a companion for Xara

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    It's fascinating to see, what great creativity and advantages such open functions are bringing. You can see it with each software, who offers some methods to extend the builtin functions.

I'm sure, this will bring the Inkscape project a lot of new fans.

Great work, Ivan!

Remi
    I completely agree with you Remi.

Keep it up Ivan!

HI

Ivan - .PDF to import vector into xtreme pro 4 surely, not .SVG?

Lexje - importing into xtreme2 is difficult - a certain amout of success importing in .AI8 format, but inkscape will not save to this

EDITED TO CORRECT TYPO { xtreme2 it should be in second line }
    Last edited by handrawn; 24 March 2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typo!!!
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    HI

Ivan - .PDF to import vector into xtreme pro 4 surely, not .SVG?

Lexje - importing into xtreme2 is difficult - a certain amout of success importing in .AI8 format, but inkscape will not save to this

EDITED TO CORRECT TYPO { xtreme2 it should be in second line }
    Thanks again ;-)

Right about using PDF and not svg ! And exchanges through PDF between Inkscape and XXP 4 work fine for me.

kindly,
    ivan