Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

I need some help with an effect that I am trying to accomplish so if anyone out there knows photoshop, please help me with this.

Basically, what I am trying to accomplish is I am trying to add pictures side by side one another. They are in no way related to one another but I am trying to make a "picture strip" in which about 4 pictures will be combined together in a horizontal line. Since they are not related to one another, there is a distinct line separation between each photograph.

What I am looking to do is get rid of this separation with some sort of effect/plugin (if you know of any) in which the pictures seem to seamlessly flow into one another in terms of color etc. So that the abrupt seam between the pictures is less noticeable.

Thanks for the help!
    Polaris [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi,

I need some help with an effect that I am trying to accomplish so if anyone out there knows photoshop, please help me with this.

Basically, what I am trying to accomplish is I am trying to add pictures side by side one another. They are in no way related to one another but I am trying to make a "picture strip" in which about 4 pictures will be combined together in a horizontal line. Since they are not related to one another, there is a distinct line separation between each photograph.

What I am looking to do is get rid of this separation with some sort of effect/plugin (if you know of any) in which the pictures seem to seamlessly flow into one another in terms of color etc. So that the abrupt seam between the pictures is less noticeable.

Thanks for the help!
    Polaris [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    IP

xxx

[This message was edited by rosebytes on October 12, 2000 at 04:31 PM.]
    IP

You could try adding a layer mask to each picture, assuming they are on different layers. Select the layer you want, go to Layers, Add Layer Mask, Reveal All. Then use a gradient (forground to backgound) with the default colors. Where it's white, the picture will show, and where it's black it will fade. You'll have to do this on each layer for both sides. This could give you a fade out on each side. This may or may not work, depending on the pictues, but it's worth a try.

SR
    IP

I think Shanes suggestion of using Layer masks should accomplish the effect you want. The only problem you might run into, is not having enough picture to fade out on to the pic underneath. The rubber stamp tool might help you out here. Since this part of the pic is being faded out by using transparency of the layer mask, you dont need alot of image details here...mostly just hue and some resemblance of the form.

Beth
    IP