Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: S L O W X2 Ultimate

Good Luck, LadyCat
    IP

Question Re: S L O W X2 Ultimate

Did you ever figure out the problem?
    IP

The first suspect should be the Organizer. Follow the links in this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=23575 for more suggestions addressing that problem.

I run Windows Vista and have found that Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate is much faster on my machine. But I don't use the organizer. I'm still evaluating the plug-in included with the "upgrade" package.

It appears no other annoying bugs that remained in the patch, version 12.10, were addressed in Ultimate, version 12.50.
    IP

This is often caused by old data base and thumbnail caches stored fro previus PSP's The Knowledge base has instruction for both XP and Vista.
    http://snipurl.com/43kw2 [corel_custhelp_com]
    IP

i think there is problem with you pc (windows) im sure if you format your pc and install ultimate it wil work perfect

i had x12.1 and it was some time slow with starting...( couse of picture tray)
    need some time to load those picas and it was running on vista so there was a little conflict

but when i uninstaled 12.1 and installed ultimate it is workin beter than 12.1

so im very happy

i think there is a probleem with your pc
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by rockscorp View Post
    i think there is problem with you pc (windows) im sure if you format your pc and install ultimate it wil work perfect...
    That's a very drastic step. I'm in the process of rebuilding at the moment and re-installing every application that I own is a very slow tedious process. Not really to be undertaken unless there is no other option. Since Lady Cat stated that she had almost 2 terrabytes of storage, I'm as sure as I can be that she has a lot to reinstall. Now obviously she doesn't have to format every drive, but still a huge task.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 06 October 2008 at 01:29 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Smile Re: S L O W X2 Ultimate

yeah it is huge task i know (thats why back up is great ) aan image of a drive

after whole windows installed with drivers and most used software...

afther that you can make a smal back ups... with things aded on your pc

i prefer acronis true image for clone of drive (we use it at work) i have on my own a bult in from acer..

i know this cant help you with your huge task but maybe it helps you for next time...

but i can spare you very much time you can spend time trying to make application work like it needs to work with manny other tryouts... maybe you finaly find it but maybe you dont.... so after al you will need to format pc after al tryouts so you lossed time and getting bit with slow application and with searching with solutions for it ...

but than you almost sure there wil be no probleem ... with it

afcourse this depend on problem... but like i can hear this problem cant realy be solved.. (maybe it wil with registeredit) if you good working with it im not and in dont wanna even try it

hope you solve your probz..
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCat1947 View Post
    I think there must be some kind of conflict in my computer and psp. this also happened when I had the trial version of PSP X2. I just don't know where to look.

I did check for any updates, and there weren't any. I have cleaned out my temp files, did a defrag etc.

I know my machine has the power to run Ultimate, so something is screwy somewhere <g>

I sure hope yours works great when you get it:-) I have a freind who has it and she doesn't have any problems either, go figure <g>

Cat:-)
    I don't know if you have sorted this yet but the problem is most likely the cataloguing caches and database of thumbs. created by psp 9 and or photo album.

The instructions for deleting the databases and their associated cache files
    is at
    <http://support.corel.com/scripts/rightnow.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?&p_faqid=762111>

or <http://snipurl.com/dbclean>
    IP