Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Empty Window on SitePal Tutorial What Gives?

Hi Everyone I'm Molly, I just signed up ($) on this really cool site that gives you 'Virtual Host' Animated (talking) characters for your website it's called
    SitePal.

Anyway---

For some reason the tutorial window shows nothing but a big black sceen up top it says Tutorial but I get zip. It opens with Javascript and I've tried to find a free basic download on the internet for a Javascript download and when I got my search results didn't know which one to download.

Since my fiance' is paying for this for me (for my writing; I have a novel coming out soon) I really need to get this program up and running.
    I sent an email to SitePal about my tutorial problem and they sent me one back saying try holding the ctrl key down when you click on the Tutorial.
    I did and it helped a little; It started to work and then then it just froze.

HELP!!!

Default Re: Empty Window on SitePal Tutorial What Gives?

Welcome to TalkGraphics MollyPowers.

I would have thought SitePal support should be able to help you, especially as you are a subscriber.

There is no download for 'Javascript', however there is Java Technology runtimes (Java and Javascript are not the same thing).
    Download the version for your Operating system

Other than this, I'd try using a different browser.

Welcome.

What browser are you using? Depending on your browser, you may need to adjust some of your security options to allow the tut to play correctly. Also, check your firewall (if you are using one) and make sure it allows the video to play.

Also, are you on a high speed connection or dialup? This could explain why the tut freezes.
    Joe

Hi,
    This post was brought to my attention by one of my co-workers.
    In my experience this is cause by over aggressive security programs (pop-up blockers and firewalls) or missing/disabled software (flashPlayer or javaScript). I would start by disabling any pop-up blockers. If you continue to have trouble, this document is also available in PDF format on our support page. I won't post it here so that this doesn't look like I am pitching the product.
    SitePal support is always available via email if you continue to have trouble opening the movie or the PDF. Most emails are responded to in the business day that they are received.

Dan
    Oddcast Support Team