Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website design and HTML question

I have been working on my site for a bit now. I was just looking for some opinions on the design. Any feedback will be very much appreciated. Thanx
    www.undergroundsignworx.com
    I also have a question about html editing.
    Does anyone know if you can add an html text box into xtreme? I have some affiliation banners I need to add and I know exactly where I want to put them. I am trying to put a text box with the code to the banner in it so it will appear correctly. I need the link to track from my site. Thanks in advance.

J
    Last edited by Lowone; 17 September 2008 at 01:01 PM.

Default Re: Website design and HTML question

Hi J.

The site looks cool and I can see you've put a lot of thought into it.

Though there are a couple of things I'd change about it;
    1. Colour scheme, or just some change to make the body text more legible.
    2. I noticed the top banner completely reloads on every page, it should only really load on the first page as it's the same. But it might be some overlapping graphics from below causing this.
    3. The gallery pics are quite large file sizes, need optimising IMHO.
    4. The 'Storefronts' link works from the homepage but not some others. The 'Install Tips' link is also not working on some other pages.
    Now webmaster at Design Reviews
    Design Tzar at Ebbs Studio

Very Nice site, but yes please change the black text to something easier to read on dark grey background.

Also, your JPG photos have been exported as PNG, there's no gain in quality here, only bulk and slows page download/display. Make sure you name each image JPEG while constructing the page in Xtreme, this will ensure the images are output as JPG rather than larger PNG.
    (Note: You will get a warning when you try to name more than one image JPEG, it's OK to ignore the warning)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	namejpeg.png 
Views:	342 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	52136

For affiliate banners, if you know the image sizes, simply add a placeholder image in Xtreme and name it BANNER1 (etc). Then edit the source with Notepad or some such (Ctrl+F to find BANNER1) to remove the image and add your code. DON'T REMOVE THE 'Style' positioning and sizing' though
    See http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ht=placeholder
    and http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ht=placeholder

More help on inserting code into Xtreme pages can be found via a forum search.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 17 September 2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added links

Awesome input. Thank you. I'm think I'm going to change the images to JPEGs and see if it helps. I'll look through the pages and find the link issues as well.
    Last edited by Lowone; 17 September 2008 at 08:38 PM.

Sorry I was editing my post and adding information regarding the affiliate code as you posted. See above

Thumbs up Re: Website design and HTML question

Huge help thank you. Now I can get credit for some clicks and make a little extra $$$

J,
    Lot of work been put into the site. I really loved the curved layout.
    Not sold on the grey background, but that is only me.
    Rupert.

Thumbs up Re: Website design and HTML question

Thanks everyone for the help. I lightened the background to make it easier to read.

Looks much better

However your images (especially the Gallery) are still too big as they are all .png
    Being photographs, they would have originally been jpg, so you have effectivley increased their data sizes without any possible quality benefit.
    See earlier post re making images export as JPG