Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: FTP again

Default FTP again

Having had problems with uploading web files using filezilla as an ftp client, I solved it by dragging and dropping the files to Filezilla rather than importing them and it worked fine for whatever reason. I have since discovered, and this may have been general knowlege to everyone except me, that you can up load your files using Internet Explorer and simply add your web space as a Network Place ('Location' in Vista) and so simply drag and drop revised files too that 'network place'.
    This is very useful if you are doing regular updates/revisions.
    If this is of interest and not general knowlege to every one but me I'll outline the steps if required.
    Derek

Default Re: FTP again

I've used Filezilla for years and never had a problem, but then I have never used 'import' to send files to the server.
    I always use either drag'n'drop from explorer (as you have done) or drag from the left pane (local) of Filezilla to the right pane (remote).
    You can also simply double-click a file in the left pane to start the upload to the current remote location.

I also like Filezilla because it's quick to edit a file from the remote location.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filezilla.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	51997  

Default Re: FTP again

I've also used FileZille for some time now, and for upload/download to a server I've not had a single problem that I can remember.
    I've never used 'Import' (and I have to admidt that I'm not entirely sure what that function does).
    To upload I simply select the files I want (in filezilla's browser), left click and select 'Upload' (this is very useful as I keep an exact backup of my homepage on my computer, for best to test-run it before uploading updates).

I honestly cannot see how dragging microsoft into this perfectly working task can be a good idea