Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara LX updated!

I unistalled and installed it again... than I noticed something was different....

(Menu) Help > About Xara Xtreme

Xara Xtreme
    Version: 0.7 ()
    Build date: 09-Aug-08 10:08
    Built against: wxWidgets 2.6.3
    Usage: xaralx [xar-file...]

I think they added the "select an existing stroke shape / pressure profile" to the brush tool!

I'm using Ubuntu btw...

Thanks Xara for the update!
    IP

Default Re: Xara LX updated!

Looks like build date of version presented at xaraxtreme.org remains still the same. Isn't this just new build of Ubuntu's version of XaraLX? I think ubuntu has Xara in its repositories...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Suvek View Post
    Looks like build date of version presented at xaraxtreme.org remains still the same. Isn't this just new build of Ubuntu's version of XaraLX? I think ubuntu has Xara in its repositories...

Really?

IP

http://xaraxtreme.org/download.html says:
    Download Xara Xtreme (version 0.7 Revision 1785 Built 07-Nov-07 3:00)

That's all I know Maybe its wrong though
    IP

Sorry to disappoint but Suvek is right. This is just an update by one of the Ubuntu maintainers to keep the package building with recent compilers. The description of the patch is:

Fix FTBFS with gcc4.3: explicitly add missing <algorithm> header file
    In other words something changed in the new compiler version that the next Ubuntu release will be using and it couldn't find one of the source files. As a result the package wouldn't build anymore.

The mailing list archive at http://xaralx.org/maillists/archive/...s/threads.html documents changes that have been made to the program. Unfortunately, you will see that the last change was made in November 2007 and most serious work stopped around the end of September 2006.

Best,
    Jed
    IP