Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default .jpeg project - suggestions/help appreciated

This is a freeby project for which I volunteered (I'll never learn!). Friend has some decorative black iron fencing that he wants to sell. It is currently stacked in his back yard. It is VERY heavy. We plan on draping a white sheet (he only has white) and photographing one panel of fencing. I have been playing around with the 'fills' in XXPpro4 and have created various columns (brick and stone) and would like to place this photo so it gives the potential buyers an idea of what it could look like. I would like to just show the columns and the black iron fencing (minus the white sheet) with some shrubs or flowers. Any ideas on how I should proceed or any suggestions other than not to volunteer?

Thanks,

Bob

Default Re: .jpeg project - suggestions/help appreciated

Bob,
    Without seeing the photo of the fencing my guess would be to trace the fence and cut it out of the white background. A lot of work, but with what information you've given, that would be my approach.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

You could try a stained glass transparency on the photo of the railings to get rid of the white background. This may or may not affect the colour of the railings. Otherwise, a program like photoshop or paintshop pro to select the white background with the magic wand tool, invert the selection and save the result as .png file with transparency.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Bob you could try making the photo 0% Stained Glass transparent. The white sheet would become invisible and the black iron should be dark enough to obscure the background you decide to use.

If you have any shadows or gray areas on the white sheet you may need to use Ron's suggestion.

EDIT: I see that Bob made the same suggestion while I was typing.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

When I photograph that type of object, I try to get the background far away so that no shadows get in the picture. I would prefer to draw an object, and go from there. You cannot always get a perpendicular shot, and it may be weasier to straighten the vector object.

Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for your suggestions and advice. It will surely make my job a lot easier.

Bob

You can always green screen it. For an article on how to do green screen, Click Here

The key to green/blue screen is even lighting on the "screen" You also will want the fence far enough from the screen not to cast a shadow or have the reflected "green" light tint the edges of the fence.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook