Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Definitely glossy, never bland.

A few talkgraphics regulars will know that I love Flash and have often expressed the notion that catering for the lowest common denominator in web standards is not for me (though sadly, as someone with a one page website, I don't practice what I preach).

I've mentioned the FWA (Favourite Website Awards www.thefwa.com) before and it's one of my favourite sites on the web. If you've never been there go there now and prepare for some serious enjoyment and education - all from sites that don't go for the bland and lowest common denominator and don't treat websites like they were books.

Now to the point. If you don't like the FWA and the sites it showcases, you might as well stop reading now - you won't be interested in what follows.

Well, the FWA is now available as a VERY stylish and glossy book from TASCHEN (my favourite publisher of glossy books). The book is immaculately produced, glossy and smooth and full of pictures of FWA sites, mixed with comment and advice. Over 300 hundred pages of it.

Anyway, I love this book and I'm sure that if you love the FWA as much as I do, you will too. The official link about this book can be found here: http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/cata...ne_success.htm - it's even possible to browse the content of the book.

It can be purchased online for less than the RRP if you shop around.

OK, this post must read like a big book advert. I have no ties with the FWA or the authors or publisher. Just a happy customer.

Enjoy.

Paul

Default Re: Definitely glossy, never bland.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    If you've never been there go there now and prepare for some serious enjoyment and education - all from sites that don't go for the bland and lowest common denominator and don't treat websites like they were books.
    And so they created a 'book' to showcase these sites
    There's irony for ya...

LOL Steve, one day you'll see the light! ;-)

Think of the book as a source for great creative ideas (and a visual feast for those used to bland sites).

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    VERY stylish and glossy book from TASCHEN (my favourite publisher of glossy books).
    Paul
    Funny enough they are mine too, I have a couple that I have my head in all the time and will add this to my collection. Thanks for the link pauland

LOL, it's just you and me manny2k with Steve heckling from the sideline! ;-)

perhaps no more ironic than websites about book design
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...