Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Google Chrome - the browser space...

Google Chrome - the browser space is getting more crowded...

Horse's mouth: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/...n-browser.html

Blogger thoughts: http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2008-09-01-n47.html

The rest: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Google+chrome&meta=

The new browser is being released as a Beta tomorrow. Curious to see what people think about it.

Risto

Default Re: Google Chrome - the browser space...

On the face of it, an exciting step in the right direction.
    Also a step in the direction of a Google OS

I went right through the comic, all 40 pages and just about understood it until I hit the sandbox. I think Steve is right with the intro of the OS for the mobile I think it won't take long to get this ported and upgraded for windows and if it does what it states in the comic it could speed up how we view content from the web. Just when I am getting a bit more happy with CSS and PHP they want to move the goal posts again. I am getting too old for this learning bit!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks for the information

OK so far I'm underwhelmed.
    The single process per tab seems incomplete.
    When a tab crashes it takes down the entire browser (the comic said this would not happen)
    Also mentioned that each tab (being a single process) could be closed via taskmanager without affecting other open tabs. This isn't quite true either as TM shows it as one application. Only in the process manager does it show numerous instances of chrome.exe - but there is no way of telling which page is missbehaving in order to ender the process and if you choose the wrong one, you close the ent
    The startup blank page often just sits and flickers at me rather than showing most visited as it should and the password manager does not prompt to save passwords on some sites (TG for example).
    It also crashes without any apparent reason.
    Yes it's a public beta of course and there's bound to be many teething problems - but for a simple 'no frills' browser built from webkit (as is Safari) I expected just a little more stability.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	googlecrash.gif 
Views:	327 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	51677  

Yikers! I just saw this after posting about Google Chrome in another thread. Sorry about that.
    -=Bob=-

I wont use it ....
    The Americans have Echelon, Homeland Security and whatever else already to get data. The Google browser looks like an attempt to save costs and get better verified data easily.
    Just look at what the browser does. It gets a unique ID on installation and tracks usage.
    Thats what I would call spyware. Just read the privacy statement.
    Well, not that many do bother (unless they get victims of their data in the wrong hands)

Juergen

Yea, that was a bit underwhelming indeed... yikes... no where near enough customization features for my liking... in fact I had trouble finding some very basic options... I expected a way more from such a big player such as google...

No way to disable animated gifs

I expect all these add-on features will come flooding in though.
    I must admit it does load pages faster than Opera and FF - so that's a plus

I don't have anything of National Security interest to hide, but I don't like the idea of all that data collected.

I'm disapointed. I expected more, but so far it's just a half-baked Google service. Then again, it's only a Beta, and Google have knack for making things work.

Risto