Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fake Logo Challenge

Steve, your post (#5) is pretty easy, rearrange the letters into a well-known phrase or saying: TOSHIBA...or is it BOTASHI?...then again, it could be SHABOTI...?

Paul, yours was easy to guess, and funny. I'm a big fan of their product, though. Not cheap, but reliable, with great after sales service. Their printers have expensive cartridges, though.

I have a few I made earlier (yesterday) and will release them as the challenge unfolds. In each case I have chosen the text from the original logo (sometimes not all of it, sometimes letters are duplicated, so they aren't straightforward anagrams. Here's the first:
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	it just fits.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	51835  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the point of the challenge not to create and alternative logo for a well known brand, but a copy of a well known logo as a fake brand?

Am I right?
    Are you referring to my fake logo? Mine is a take on a well known fast food logo, at least here in Canada and the US. I guess I should have made up a company name instead of using TG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Anagrams...Hmmm, the obvious?
    Quickly done.

Name:	meterraxax.png 
Views:	425 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	51836  

Hi Regular, would that be V4, the Pro edition? I get the second graphic in your earlier post, but the one on the left has me baffled at the moment.

Frances, yours has a familiar ring to it, but I just can't place it yet.

Here's the next from me: Solved
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	lotsa cars.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	51837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castrol.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	51865  

Last edited by iamtheblues; 09 September 2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: add graphic
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Hi Regular, would that be V4, the Pro edition? I get the second graphic in your earlier post, but the one on the left has me baffled at the moment.

Frances, yours has a familiar ring to it, but I just can't place it yet.

Here's the next from me:
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    The UPS one? (Sup)

Quote Originally Posted by Regular View Post
    The UPS one? (Sup)
    Now I've visited the UPS site, it all makes perfect sense! Not familiar with UPS, although it rings a faint bell, it seems to be the equivalent of DHL. DHL however have failed to deliver 2 items I foolishly entrusted into their care, but that's another story.

Here's another one from me. Clue: the original of this is a very famous logo, especially in the USA, but certainly not unknown elsewhere.
    Henley-On-Thames, famous for its regatta, and also for its former Member of Parliament, Boris Johnson, now mayor of London, is a beautiful (if expensive) part of the world, especially near the River Thames. It is certainly somewhere where this ficticious company might well do a roaring trade. Solved
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	henley.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	51853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harley.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	51866  

Last edited by iamtheblues; 09 September 2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: add graphic

Name:	jpg.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	51861  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hehehe
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well done Egg, that's the cover of their latest Greatest Hits album I suppose.

Attached is a logo for an imaginary new graphics program that designs icons. But where was it stolen from?
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	iconic.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	51862  

Just in case there is still any doubt about how I intended this challenge to work, I have attached a graphic that I hope will explain it more clearly. Firstly though, why have I singled out Messrs. DHL for this treatment?

Well, prior to moving to Spain we revisited the area I was interested in buying a property, and met up with an estate agent with whom we would conduct the business and we would buy our house via the internet. All went well until I had to send several original documents via a courier (DHL). The most important document was one we had obtained from a notary giving our estate agent power of attorney over our bank account during the period of the purchase. DHL failed to deliver it, and it was "lost". So we had to go back to the notary and repeat the procedure. DHL again lost the document.
    So, unsurprisingly, I have a jaundiced attitude to the company.

Back to the topic in hand, then. The Challenge is in 2 parts:
    Part 1 is to guess the original logos from the "doctored" ones that have already been posted. If that's all you want to do, that's fine. You don't have to participate in part 2 if you don't want to.
    Part 2; should you want to submit a logo, it should be close enough to the famous one you are "doctoring" so that the original can, with varying degrees of difficulty, be correctly guessed. At the same time, it should be different enough to avoid prosecution under copyright law.
    So, armed with all the facts, anyone want to have a guess at any or all the fake logos posted so far?
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	hell.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	51864