Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Fake Logo Challenge

Hehehe
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well done Egg, that's the cover of their latest Greatest Hits album I suppose.

Attached is a logo for an imaginary new graphics program that designs icons. But where was it stolen from?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iconic.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	51862  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Just in case there is still any doubt about how I intended this challenge to work, I have attached a graphic that I hope will explain it more clearly. Firstly though, why have I singled out Messrs. DHL for this treatment?

Well, prior to moving to Spain we revisited the area I was interested in buying a property, and met up with an estate agent with whom we would conduct the business and we would buy our house via the internet. All went well until I had to send several original documents via a courier (DHL). The most important document was one we had obtained from a notary giving our estate agent power of attorney over our bank account during the period of the purchase. DHL failed to deliver it, and it was "lost". So we had to go back to the notary and repeat the procedure. DHL again lost the document.
    So, unsurprisingly, I have a jaundiced attitude to the company.

Back to the topic in hand, then. The Challenge is in 2 parts:
    Part 1 is to guess the original logos from the "doctored" ones that have already been posted. If that's all you want to do, that's fine. You don't have to participate in part 2 if you don't want to.
    Part 2; should you want to submit a logo, it should be close enough to the famous one you are "doctoring" so that the original can, with varying degrees of difficulty, be correctly guessed. At the same time, it should be different enough to avoid prosecution under copyright law.
    So, armed with all the facts, anyone want to have a guess at any or all the fake logos posted so far?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hell.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	51864  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I know the River Thames one is Harley Davidson - Lotsa Cars is Castrol -Eyesee is Logitech - Croak Plus is Coke
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Proper job, Keith. I'll post the originals alongside the correctly guessed fakes soon.
    Edit: at least I 'll do it when the "edit" button returns on some of my posts. Anybody else ever experienced this?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 09 September 2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: addendum sticky keyboard

The edit buttons have gone!

Nope, back again
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Not all of them, though.
    Saludos,
    Bob.