Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question How To Capture A Web page As A Thumbnail

Hi there

I have been Googling for HOURS looking for free software to capture a whole web page as a small thumbnail. There are many retail programmes out there but I cannot afford any at the moment.

I have found two free programmes, but they are not working as well as I would like as the side of the page was cut off and I do not want to increase the size of the thumbnail.

Perhaps someone knows of a free version of this software that has worked well for them??

Please let me know. I urgently need it. I am sure you know what I am talking about, say you have a site which list other sites and they have small thumbnail images of the sites.

Thanks in advance!!

Kind regards

Barry
    “BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A HARD BATTLE” -Plato

Default Re: How To Capture A Web page As A Thumbnail

Not sure, if the following (free) Firefox Plugins could be useful for you, or if there are other Plugins for this purpose:

Remi

Not fully knowing what your purpose is or even which programs you've tried and rejected so far makes it a little tricky.
    Though Websnapr seems a cute solution and may suit your purposes.

Thanks for the response Remi and Sledger. What I want to do is display what my site has looked like during the various theme changes over the main holidays like Christmas, Valentines etc. to try and increase sales to my site. I want to display these small thumbs on my own site.

For example my main site is www.psptubez.com but it looked totally different over St. Pats Day for example and I want to showcase the images for St. Pats Day etc and how I put them together, it is kind of like a nice gallery to view, a prettier collage.

Here is the link to see what my site looked like for St. Pats

So I want to capture what these pages looked like as small thumbnails and link to the "bigger picture" so to speak.

I am off to see what you guys have suggested so far and THANKS a million for the suggestions!!!

Abundant blessings and peace to you guys!

Kindest regards

Barry

PS: My site has not made me a millionaire YET!!! <<giggle>>

OK and thanks to Remi - I was browsing the add-ons for FireFox and came up with the FAST DIAL add-on which created the thumbs that suited me the best. Take a look now at the home page you will see what I was trying to achieve http://www.psptubez.com/

Thank you so much for your help!!! Once again TALK GRAPHICS has come to my rescue!! Bless you!!

you're welcome

Remi

Barry,
    Why not use Xara?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail1.gif 
Views:	287 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	51731