Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Magnifying Glass and Xara 5 Logo

When creating such blends I find that using a [blend along a curve], is a better method as it allows you far greater control as you can [edit the distance between steps] giving you smoother lines. (The 'curve' can also be a straight line).

I usually create these with [bevels] so that it finishes up with 3D lighting. The blend step spacing is even more important with this method as it needs to correspond with the bevel size and shape.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Hi Anas, I solved the jaggies problem in the simplest way possible, by applying a 1 pixel feathering. If it is of any interest in this particular forum, the jaggies are present when making this blend using CorelDRAW too.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara 5.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	51595  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

With all my respect, but I can't to accept this as the logo (do you know about limit for a points? - your 999 steps should produce about at least 10 000 nodes... - it wouldn't ever could print) But the main reason - a good logo should be simple and looks good in b/w...
    Last edited by alexbozhenov; 30 August 2008 at 01:12 PM.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC