Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Plugin file name

Hey again, i wonder could it be that the files name in the plugins i downloaded is wrong, it says: 8bf ?.. should it be something else? like psp?
    IP

Default Re: file name

If you use Win Explorer to place those .8bf files ion the Plugins subfolder of PSP (whichever version you are using) them they _should_ show in the Effects/plugins listing.

If not you need to go to file/preferences/file locations in PSP and set plugins to that folder, or add that folder to the list of search folders.

HTH and I hope that's right. It's what I did and it seemed to work

Nick
    IP

Rats! I see you have another post that probably goes all through this.

Nick
    IP

what files are in the 8bf folder - what are their names? - there could be files in there that need to be placed elsewhere in the system
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Not all Photoshop plugins are compatible. Those created with the newer Adobe SDK only work In Photoshop 7 and above. This was to stop the freely distribution of the Original adobe filters, Some of which can be found all over the net. They are not legal and only work if Plugin.dill is present on the computers systems 32 folder. Plugin .dill is installed from any of adobes graphics products like the Very old Photo Deluxe Photoshop 5 LE up to present applications. If we new what the plugin was we could advise.
    IP

Default Re: Plugin file name

8bf is a common file extension for plug-ins. Nothing is wrong with that.
    IP

8bf is the correct extension. As far as I know, PSP does not have its own proprietary plug-in format and file extension.

JerryB
    IP

I do not know if Corel has continued using the Jasc filename conventions.

Jasc plug-ins used the same file format as the .8bf but used a .jbf filename extension.

It was common practice to rename a .8bf plug-in to .jbf and it would usually work in PSP.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Jbf is Jasc Browser File IE. the thumbnail cache for the browser. 8bf is the name for plugin filters Its an Adobe thing there are also 8bi.files for file formats all these are plugins for PHOTOSHOP only the 8bf are used in PSP
    IP