Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default XaReg: another Xara X(treme) Registry tool.

XaReg is a program for making Registry tweaks to Xara X, X¹, Xtreme, and Xtreme Pro.

XaReg searches your registry for installed versions of Xara's vector graphics programs and presents a set of registry entries you can modify.

Please see the two screen captures that are attached. One from a system running Windows XP and one from a system running Windows Vista.

Download the attached XaReg.zip file and extract the executable (XaReg.exe) to a folder on your harddrive. Double click the program's icon to run the application.

I would like to thank Steve Ledger (Sledger) for designing the User Interface. The UI is the most important feature of any application and I'm sure you will agree Steve has made the program very easy to use.

EDIT: Download the newest version from the XaraXone.
    http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaReg_Vista.gif 
Views:	631 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	51513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaReg_XP.gif 
Views:	640 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	51514  

Last edited by Soquili; 19 February 2009 at 03:15 AM. Reason: removed zip attachment.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: XaReg: another Xara X(treme) Registry tool.

Bill,

I think I will have to wait for the next release. The attached is all I see...

PS... As pointed out I will need .net framework which I do not use. So I will have to hack the registry myself (which is fine). Thanks anyway guys.

Name:	xaregerror.gif 
Views:	588 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	51516  
    Last edited by raynerj1; 26 August 2008 at 11:42 PM.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

I run this app successfully (XP sp3). But there are more interesting things in the registry than I found in this app... My dream is to find a complete description for all registry entries and values regarding Xtreme and a small app to adjust them, or ability to change them directly from Xtreme ))
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    Bill,

I think I will have to wait for the next release. The attached is all I see...
    John please update your machine with the latest .net framework runtimes.

My dream is to find a complete description for all registry entries
    Alex the user tweakable tweaks with descriptions are listed for viewing and printing under 'Help>>List of Tweaks'

Name:	tweaklist.png 
Views:	590 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	51517  

thanks Bill and Steve - a good utility for those who do not like wading in the registry in their own wellies

it runs fine under my windows XP home with SP3 and .NET 2

like Alex I would like to see this sort of thing expanded much more, but since I am not likely to get round to it myself any time soon, I am very grateful to those who do

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Alex the user tweakable tweaks with descriptions are listed for viewing and printing under 'Help>>List of Tweaks'
    Yes, Steve, I saw them. But I'm talking about other settings I use all the time -- dividing colors in the Color Line for example (and some other setting too). So my dream is a compete Xtreme registry description, not just short comments regarding settings the program does change. I'd play with setting on my own, but really don't want to do it without description to avoid any damage in the registry )))

P.S. As for the rest settings, I think I will take some time to post them (and registry entries) at the weekend...

Name:	_colorline.gif 
Views:	257 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	51543  
    Last edited by alexbozhenov; 27 August 2008 at 01:58 AM.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Hi Bill. Sorry to give you all this hassle.

It does look like security on Hans' and Egg's systems is the cause of the program not running.
    I've tried turning off the Norton security/firewall features and running your app again but unfortunately still end up with the same original error message that I posted.

Only a suggestion as I'm no programmer. Are you sure that running your app with XXP open hasn't written a reg entry to stop further reg entries? Just a shot in the dark
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Okay Bill, just had another idea. My laptop is on my wireless network and uses the same Norton security as this desktop (xp) computer.

I d/l'ed the app from your last link and ran it on the laptop (vista) and it functioned without a hitch.

So I would have thought this might indicate that the problem was not with my security set-up but elsewhere. I could be wrong and in the majority of cases I usually am ;-)
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

How are the changes implemented?
    I cannot see an "Enter" button, or such, on the shown images, only an "Exit" button.
    Thanks
    Harry

Hi Harry,

The settings are changed without the need for a traditional 'Apply' button.
    Xtreme should be closed before your start XaReg.
    Simply make your adjustments/selections/deselections then re open Xtreme after you exit XaReg.