Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Extreme help?

Default Extreme help?

With Xara Xtreme is it possible to make numerous text or images animated on the same background? If I wanted four different sets of words to do four separate animations on the same background simultaneously how would I go about this? Can I import 3 or 4 X3D animations and make them work simultaneously on an Xtreme background?
    Last edited by STR8M8; 20 August 2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: correct my spelling

Default Re: Extreme help?

If you are referring to this thread, then I have to say, that this sounds like visual overkill.

Less is more.

Remi

No sir that is not what I am after. For my own personal entertainment and experience I would like to learn how to do this which I believe is possible, but am not for sure. The thread you was referring to is actually a little bit different than what this one is. Thank you for directing me back to my thread that has not been answered or posted in as of yet. If I could be led in the correct direction on this topic I would be very satisfied. As I said before, I am looking for nothing that is over kill but instead looking to learn and practice different things. Thanks for your post remi, but it is not very helpful to me
    Last edited by STR8M8; 20 August 2008 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STR8M8 View Post
    ...Can I import 3 or 4 X3D animations and make them work simultaneously on an Extreme background?
    I assume you are wanting this for a web page?
    What about using the html export function of Xara Xtreme to load your multiple Xara3D .gif animations? You could create your background in Xara Xtreme which will be exported along with the other files when you choose the html export feature?

Thank you very much for the information. I will try what you have said and if I have problems maybe you could elaborate a little bit more on the how to do list! Thanks again
    You said use the html export function of Xara Xtreme to load your multiple Xara3D gif. animations? How do you export from Xara Xtreme when you would need to import the HTML or animated gif. that has been made by X3D? I tried to import a animated image from my web page into Xara Xtreme but it was not animated, only motionless? How can I import the X3D animations into an Xara Xtreme application, would I need to be in a new document or have a new animation open to make X3D animations to work with the Xtreme application? Please if you could explain a little bit more that would probably help me out much, thanks again!
    Last edited by STR8M8; 20 August 2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: correct my spelling

Before I start, please refer to the application by it's correct spelling if you would. 'Xtreme' not Extreme.

Garys HTML Workbook at the XaraXone has plenty of help with creating pages using Xara Xtreme and exporting them.
    Please try a search in the main Xtreme forum relating to 'placeholders'.

Yes your animated .gifs will be static when imported into Xtreme, however you can simply use these as placeholders which you then substitute with the animated versions after you export the finished page/s.

Hope this helps

Sorry about the misspelled Xtreme I corrected them. Thanks for the guidance on this topic and hopefully I can figure it out. You have been a great help, thank you once again!