Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Colour Calibration for XXP?

Colorific is now available under the name ColorWizzard. http://www.colorwizzard.com/color/c1.html

According to the website, the original Colorific development team has acquired the source code license and is continuing development under the new name.

The price seems very reasonable. Might be worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    Colorific is now available under the name ColorWizzard. http://www.colorwizzard.com/color/c1.html

According to the website, the original Colorific development team has acquired the source code license and is continuing development under the new name.

The price seems very reasonable. Might be worth a shot.
    This appears to be some sort of software only product. The products that I was asking about have a hardware sensor that
    reads screen colours and some models read ambient room light as well. This hardware device works with included software.

Sorry, but the Color Wizard seems to be software only and is of no interest to me. (The fact that they seem to push the product for 'gamers' does not endear it to me either.)

Before buying a product like that I'd rather just buy the old Pantone swatches and do manual eyeball comparisons.

Here's the Pantone Huey Pro:

http://www.pantone.com/Pages/product...t.aspx?pid=562

Quote Originally Posted by Improv View Post
    Sorry, but the Color Wizard seems to be software only and is of no interest to me. (The fact that they seem to push the product for 'gamers' does not endear it to me either.)
    No - that's the 3DxWizzard for gamers, not the Color Wizard.

The colour card/Colorific method I used for the LG monitor was very satisfactory. Even the HW calibrators rely on proprietry software & profiling.

Pantone and its new parent company X-rite have a new hardware/software calibration solution called Pantone Colormonki. I have not tried it. But it is a bit pricey, about $425 US. They have a smaller version for $130 US called Eye One Display which looks like it does the same thing.

I have to say, my computer rebooted on its own the other day, thanks to Trend Micro, and when it rebooted my Huey PRO color calibration was all bollixed.

After about 8 calibration sessions, I finally have my colors back to where they were. Huey PRO recommends you calibrate your monitor frequently. This would be great if you did not have to go through numerous calibration sessions before you got things looking the way they should. Ack!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Pantone and its new parent company X-rite have a new hardware/software calibration solution called Pantone Colormonki. I have not tried it. But it is a bit pricey, about $425 US. They have a smaller version for $130 US called Eye One Display which looks like it does the same thing.
    Yes, I saw that Colormonki somewhere-but the price is a bit much for me right now. If I had a commercial/professional need for it I might consider it. Never seen the cheaper one before. Will check out your link, thanks.

I have to say, my computer rebooted on its own the other day, thanks to Trend Micro, and when it rebooted my Huey PRO color calibration was all bollixed.
    Sorry to hear that. What is Trend Micro? EDIT: ah, I see-Internet security software. Makes me glad I use a hardware router/firewall and av virus. Never a problem with them. Yet! ;-)

After about 8 calibration sessions, I finally have my colors back to where they were. Huey PRO recommends you calibrate your monitor frequently. This would be great if you did not have to go through numerous calibration sessions before you got things looking the way they should. Ack!
    Ack! indeed!

That's probably the main reason that I haven't got a calibration setup yet; as useful as it would be to me.
    Last edited by Improv; 26 August 2008 at 01:11 AM.