Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to get color fill with Paint shop pro?

I am trying to make a new website banner, and I can't believe how hard it is to simply get a color fill in a blank graphic, much less a gradient or anything else.

I'm used to Photoshop where you can double click on the bucket and bring up a color palette. In Paintshop, I get nothing. The Help function is worthless, no index or table of contents or anything.

Why should this be so hard? I've searched all over the menus and come up with nothing.
    IP

Default Re: How to get color fill with Paint shop pro?

Well, I managed to stumble on to the color pallette...but I've got to say PSP really sucks compared to Pshop..text over graphic is friggin awful. No control at all.
    IP

Which version are you using?
    Can you post a sample of the image that you are trying to fill?

It is hard to get used to PSP's interface after PS (and the other way round is true as well), but soon you'll notice that everything you need is right in front of you (unless you've hidden the essential palettes).

On a side note, is there any particular reason why you are switching to PSP since you are already comfortable with PS?
    IP

PSP is much easier to use. Pick the flood fill tool set the colour in the top swatch for foreground IE left click button and lower swatch fro background right click. Note you can paint with left or right in PSP.
    for text unless you want an outline set the top foreground swatch to Null. The background should be your fill colour and lay-down the text as vector to keep it editable
    IP

psp is muchhh easy that cs

realy true all in front of you and it is very intutive to work with psp

one of those important easy things is that when you click on a tool you got abouwe a tool options ( talking about bucket fill) wich you can chose rgb none color etc... that makes very easy coloring in cs you dont have that

there is only one bucket to color things always need to cut (waht you wanna color)

a second very important thing is textures and paterns + picture tubes
    that makes work very easyyy

and we have also a VECTORs in psp

maybe cs might be at moment more powerfull than psp but not easyer at all every noob can work with psp

only bit bad thing of psp at moment is i think the sharpnes and qualty of images could be some beter
    IP