Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb To creators of a new Xtreme version

Dear developers, in a new Xtreme PRO version it could be perfect to see some functions which are really important for printers. Such as:

1. Complete support of CMYK colors, the appearance of CMYK Color Line would be also important and a possibility to set it up by default

2. In function Create Bitmap Copy, the support of CMYK is also required

3. It's preferable, when you switch on the Simulate Print Color, that colors were more similar to colors of Photoshop and Illustrator

4. In editing texts the word hyphenation by syllables is extremely important.

5. It would be great if Mesh Tool appears

6. And also the opportunity to create tables

Hope that at least some of my suggestions would be realized.
    www.aciden.ru
    . .. ...:.::.:::: art is a lie...that makes us realize the truth ::::.::.:... .. .

Default Re: To creators of a new Xtreme version

6. And also the opportunity to create tables
    It is not exactly automatic but have a look at Workbook 54 Text Areas and Linked Text.

And welcome to the Xtreme Conference. :-)

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Aciden View Post
    3. It's preferable, when you switch on the Simulate Print Color, that colors were more similar to colors of Photoshop and Illustrator...........
    You'll have to explain that. Doesn't simulate print colours, show how the colours will print. What have Photoshop and Illustrator got to do with it?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi Keith,

I think, Aciden requests the same colour profiles as in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. Xara Xtreme's colour profile is a little bit different from that or - with the words of Charles - Adobe do things a slightly different way around.

see also:

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 15 August 2008 at 07:31 PM.

I agree, the Xtreme's way to simulate print colors (or CMYK color space) is very different from PS or AI. Actually I mean that a lot of CMYK colors in the Xtreme look very different from the same colors (the same values) in AI. This has to be changed...

I know, there were a lot features requests to the Xara team, and also some were compiled into the one list... But with a time, they are going in the past. Maybe we could organize a certain group of people to discuss current things in Xtreme and make one big features list for the next versions? I mean we could discuss some issues via email or separate forum and post here renewed "list of wishes" regarding CMYK handling, print issues, vector tools -- some kind of "special features requests". Not requests for HTML etc, just specific issues regarding interesting new and old tools/approaches... And maybe there should be some sub-forum devoted such discussion to be more productive and less annoying to some people who doesn't care ) As I said, the result of such work would be a "features list" which could be regularly posted at the main forum.

The main purpose of such list is to help developers to learn our needs, and maybe to get more theirs attention and some answers, and maybe to get some results incarnated in the next Xtreme versions... On the other hand, we would clearly to see what kind of software Xtreme is going to be...

All previous features request aren't too effective, and not organized well, what why I'd like to have a separate thread where we could communicate each other in a more productive way without hysteria and idle talking.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It is not exactly automatic but have a look at Workbook 54 Text Areas and Linked Text.

And welcome to the Xtreme Conference. :-)

Gary
    Thanks for the answer. But it would be Great to have a bit more functional and convenient tool...

It often happens, when there is a lot of text and some tables on the same page and the example you gave is simply not very suitable for the situation, when you create a document with a lot of pages.
    www.aciden.ru
    . .. ...:.::.:::: art is a lie...that makes us realize the truth ::::.::.:... .. .

Thumbs up Re: To creators of a new Xtreme version

Quote Originally Posted by alexbozhenov View Post
    Maybe we could organize a certain group of people to discuss current things in Xtreme and make one big features list for the next versions? I mean we could discuss some issues via email or separate forum and post here renewed "list of wishes" regarding CMYK handling, print issues, vector tools -- some kind of "special features requests". Not requests for HTML etc, just specific issues regarding interesting new and old tools/approaches... And maybe there should be some sub-forum devoted such discussion to be more productive and less annoying to some people who doesn't care ) As I said, the result of such work would be a "features list" which could be regularly posted at the main forum.

The main purpose of such list is to help developers to learn our needs, and maybe to get more theirs attention and some answers, and maybe to get some results incarnated in the next Xtreme versions... On the other hand, we would clearly to see what kind of software Xtreme is going to be...

All previous features request aren't too effective, and not organized well, what why I'd like to have a separate thread where we could communicate each other in a more productive way without hysteria and idle talking.
    I completely agree with you
    Last edited by Aciden; 16 August 2008 at 06:25 AM.
    www.aciden.ru

It would have to be a private forum where the members would have to login to be truely effective. Discussing all our wishes and dreams in an open forum would benefit other developers, not just xara. inkscape, PS, illustrator, Draw would all benefit and xara would have to ignore an open list as leaked trade secrets.

Maybe that is why we haven't seen some of the most requested changes. Just a thought.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Look at the bottom of this thread: There are some tags. You can click on the tag "feature requests" to see a collection of such feature request threads. Not in the format Alex suggested, but it is a start.

Remi