Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello everybody!

I go directly to my problem: I have to deliver a site to a customer and I would need some comments over some templates I have designed for them.

Please be as direct, objective, etc as needed/possible. I would rather hear not so good comments from you than from the customer.

URLS:
    - a general page w. clean design;
    - a general w. less clean design;
    - a content page.

Thank you in advance for your comments. Suggestions very appreciated!

Best regards!

Hello everybody!

I go directly to my problem: I have to deliver a site to a customer and I would need some comments over some templates I have designed for them.

Please be as direct, objective, etc as needed/possible. I would rather hear not so good comments from you than from the customer.

URLS:
    - a general page w. clean design;
    - a general w. less clean design;
    - a content page.

Thank you in advance for your comments. Suggestions very appreciated!

Best regards!

First Thought... Kill the dead space above and to the left of the page, by modifing the body tag. as follows....

<BODY marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 topmargin=0 leftmargin=0> this will slam your content up into the top left hand corner.

Personally, I do not like designs that waste space. Limiting yourself to only 800 pixels is not very good design.

I agree with John ab out the space at the top, is it because it is a gif? Why have the TMZ logo at the bottom when there is so little at the top to catch your eye bar three line of text? With the company your working with they must have loads of industrial photos of their products in place so why not use them making partially transparent with the logo on top.

The site index page looks flat, nothing makes me want to stay there, what are the competitors sites like, who is going to look at these pages.

I do like your curved line which holds the header and the first navigation bar looks better than the second as the winch drum as the background in the second seems to spoil it.
    Design is thinking made visual.

First off, I want to thank everyone that took to time to look on my gifs and say a few words.

However, I have neglected to say this is only an image, a screen capture if you like, I never start to slice the imgs and put them in HTML before I arrive to a final with the looks.

So, about alignment, padding and all, what you see at those URLs has nothing to do with the final site.

I thought that I'd make the site ocupy the entire height of the browser, but only 750px or so on width to avoid having vertical scrollers.

What do you think?

Thank you again!

Best regards!
    AndyB

Hi AndyB,

I would suggest a design using the whole width of the screen, but not to any fixed width. 640/800/1024/1280 any fixed width leaves some users out. If the site is properly designed it should fill the screen completely, with no or very little vertical scrolling and avoiding horizontal scrolling if humanly possible.

for Example: example

Hello!

I have done fluid table design and fixed layer layouts. I have never tried a fluid, layer based layout. Also, I should modify the graphics. I will try and see what I can come up with.

Thank you!

Best regards!