Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to match Xara to my browser/monitor for Web graphics?

I imagine this is simple and I'm just having a brain cramp...

I want to look at a new Xara graphic I'm building at the same size as it will appear in the browser window. And I'd like to copy images from the browser window and paste them into Xara at exactly the same size.

My monitor is 1440x900. The Xara grid is set to 10pix major w/ 10 divisions. There is no scale factor. Page is set to Letter.

With these settings, when I copy a 750pix wide image from the browser window into Xara (at 100% zoom), it's small and says it's 375pix (50%). If I then scale it up (x2), Xara says its 750pix but it becomes larger than the original looks in the browser.

If I do the same thing between the browser and Photoshop, each object appears exactly the same size.

I tried changing Page Options to Custom (1440x900) but that did not resolve the problem and would be annoying when I want to print a quick draft.

Can anyone assist my pea-brain on this?

Thanks,
    Dave
    http://www.davelash.com
    Strategy | Innovation | Facilitation

Default Re: How to match Xara to my browser/monitor for Web graphics?

Provided your Windows PC display scaling is set to standard 96dpi and your browser has no zoom level, then 100% in Xara is the same as 100% website view.

Default Re: How to match Xara to my browser/monitor for Web graphics?

Thanks. That was it. I never even knew there was a setting for something other than 96 dpi. This is a "new" used machine, so I inherited 125% dpi with it.
    http://www.davelash.com
    Strategy | Innovation | Facilitation