Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Creative Poster

Default Creative Poster

Against Abuse - Very Creative Poster
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abuse-hand.jpg 
Views:	3750 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	51362  
    IP

Exclamation Re: Creative Poster

Mchilly,

Hmmm...

"More than 300,000 children are sexually abused in Germany every year", on a poster with a graphic of someone's hand in the crotch of somebody else. Unfortunately the graphic appears to promote the issue as much as it is trying to stop the abuse.

There was a topic on here somewhere of the unintended visual consequences of well meaning graphics and logos. I don't have time to find the thread now but I'm sure someone will jump in here with it.

Just my initial impression,
    Harry
    IP

Default Re: Creative Poster

Graphically a clever image - but I agree is is totally innappropriate and makes mockery of a very serious issue.
    I vote the image be removed infact.
    IP

Perhaps if the text was enlarged it may get it's message over better. I agree with the sentiments of the issue, but don't think that that image (albeit a very clever one) conveys its message clearly enough.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

AS far as art goes, it is great. It evokes strong emotions, which is the intent of most artwork.

Regretfully, it is mostly negative emotions, which is how it should be considering the subject matter.

Sometimes you can't win for loosing.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook
    IP

It's very clever...

In fact, I think it's quite brilliant when it come to "shapes". You can't help but to notice and pay attention.

My only concern would be that it looks like a young person hanging/dangling like a piece of meat. That will put a lot of people off...

(a) If the goal was to simply make people pay attention = A+

(b) If the goal was to make people rally, help and care about "some" cause; it's too depressing and disturbing = D-

Wouldn't "hope" and a "solution" help a cause along more than dred and misery? I'm not saying I could make it better, but the image is just too depressing... I just want to tune out and forget I never saw it.

Basically, what Keith said, you have to make the message clearer. Just seeing the imagery, it's depressing and sad. Then what?

I am curious... What was the purpose of the graphic? Is it something that was actually published somewhere? What did people think?

Risto
    IP

Sorry... Had to have a second look as I do take child, and ALL, abuse seriously...

You didn't create that poster, did you? The graphic was a bit out of "character"... The sites, designer daily and ads of the world, ring a bell?

I will look at this as copyright infringement, misrepresentation and spam for now, and you are also banned, for the three stated reasons. Do read the TOS.

If you wish to talk about it : Risto.Klint@gmail.com

Risto
    IP