Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upcoming Movie Logo

This was my submission for the upcoming movie called Fireproof.

It was nearly used but due to the lateness of my submission of it, they were unable to stop the presses so to speak. It was fun to do anyways.

For anyone who wants to know, I created the rings in my 3D cad program, Rhino, then proceeded to do the rest in Xara Xtreme 4 PRO.

I'm still a novice and certainly don't consider myself a skilled graphic artist but I do enjoy design in all mediums.

Cheers,

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Revised Sept Opening.jpg 
Views:	1072 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	51353  

Default Re: Upcoming Movie Logo

Nice work, but for me I like better if the effects is somewhat fire...it looks like a smoke for me

Wouldn't be 'Fireproof' then would it

Wink Re: Upcoming Movie Logo

Actually, the symbolism of the smoke is representing the marriage cooling off, if you see the trailer, you'll get some insight into the story line. I'd been following the development of the movie for nearly a year so a lot of thought went into each element.

Also note that the rings are glowing hotter near the bottom, one of the main thematic elements in the movie is, Marriages are not Fireproof, but when one comes, will you be able to withstand it?

Just a few little things, they had already had a logo posted on their blog site awhile back but it was just the beginning layout. I felt led to create one of my own, this time using a ring designed specifically for that movie instead of a possible generic image used from a clip art file etc. Just wanted to give it a few personal touches.

I was surprised to even hear anything back but was contacted by the company handling the films marketing for Sony/Provident films...

She really liked it and sent it up for approval but due to time constraints, it was easier to just leave the existing one as is. So that's my story about this work.

Thanks for the comments, I enjoy reading them regardless if someone likes it or not. I'm here to learn.

Looks pretty good to me. Nicely done.

BTW... I doubt the right hand ring would ever hold the stone for long. Most engagement rings I have seen have at least 4 prongs to hold the stone.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Thanks for the compliments.

The ring would hold a diamond more secure than anything that has prongs. Here's a pic of the ring not in the logo.

The beauty of this is that I wanted to make a ring that was "usable" as part of the logo. I tried to think of everything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 Ct Fireproof.jpg 
Views:	937 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	51366  

Awe.... I see now. I stand corrected. Thanks.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook