Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've got two tables sitting side by side and I want them to look like one table ... i.e. no space between them when viewed.

Both tables have "0" border, padding, and spacing. The table on the left is my nav and I want it to stay a fixed size. The table on the right has a background graphic continuation of the nav and spacer gif which I want to "grow" with screen size.

Is there a way to do this within my html or in my css? I've been going crazy searching for info on space between tables, but keep getting space within tables. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mickie
    IP

I've got two tables sitting side by side and I want them to look like one table ... i.e. no space between them when viewed.

Both tables have "0" border, padding, and spacing. The table on the left is my nav and I want it to stay a fixed size. The table on the right has a background graphic continuation of the nav and spacer gif which I want to "grow" with screen size.

Is there a way to do this within my html or in my css? I've been going crazy searching for info on space between tables, but keep getting space within tables. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mickie
    IP

Hi Mickie ...

It would help to have a URL to look at but here are 2 suggestions without seeing the actual coding problem.

1. Nest both tables inside a holding table ie.

2. Make sure there are no spaces between your td/tr/table cells - sometimes there are actually carriage returns and are picked up by Unix.

Post a URL and I'll try and help more.

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP

Thanks Jen,

I did solve my problem, and should have posted that I had solved the problem by reworking my tables. I try to stay away from nesting when I can because it can make things more complicated down the road.

I am curious though. I never realized there was space between tables. Do we know how much for each browser? With CSS positioning is so much better I had hoped there was a way to eliminate any browser placed space and control it myself.

Thanks for the response.

Mickie
    IP