Hi Folks,

I have an 8 page 4 color catalog/brochure. I'm using XXP4.0.1. When I export to pdf for printing I receive an out of memory - please try reducing resolution message. I'm running Windows XP with 2 GB of memory.

The brochure has a front cover with 2 colored rectangles, 1 with transparency. I also has a number of 'bubbles' which are vector drawings to decorate it. Other pages have a heading which is a clipview of this design.

I read of other pdf memory problems with XXP4, and created bitmaps to replace all the clipviews and vector graphics. This did not change the memory error message.

I reinstalled XXP3.2 and was able to export both files to pdf/x without a problem. I just get greeted with a screen telling me that the file was created with a newer version which results in some issues represented by a series of numbers. But the files appear the same on screen.

The file size numbers are interesting.
Full file with vector images = 689kb. Pdf file = 8849kb.
Full file with bitmaps = 733kb. Pdf file = 36066kb.

The bitmaps definitely bloat the pdf size.

I separated the file into separate pages. XXP4 would create a pdf from the single page file. But I don't have a pdf editing program (other than XXP), and don't plan to get one.

Single page file with vector images = 589kb. Pdf file = 2748kb.

To have the work around with 3.2 is nice, but a hassle. What can I do to solve the memory problem?

Les